Oh blessed day of birth
Today is my 42nd birthday. Wow, I'm old but that's okay. I had a really nice day. Last night around midnight, Gregg came in and gave me a card from Carly and one from the doggies. And Carly gave me a purple Build A Bear dressed with the Scrapbooking outfit. I've wanted the Scrapbook Bear for a long time so I was really excited. I guess after Carly had her little meltdown at Cammy's birthday party (overwhelmed), they went back afterwards and did the bear for me. Carly did all the stuffing, put in the voice box that says "I love you" and even typed the birth certificate all by herself. Of course, she named the Bear Sally (like every other doll in the house - note: future LO of all creatures named Sally) but I was very impressed that she basically kept the secret. She didn't tell me that she bought me a bear. All she kept saying was that she got a purple bear and that Daddy was hiding it. Since I knew she didn't get anything at Cammy's party because of her behavior, I didn't even think that they went back. She easily could've said "We got you a bear for your birthday but Daddy's hiding it" but she didn't. I was totally surprised.This morning, I was taken for a lovely breakfast with 3 of my very closest friends. Lisa, Kari, Paula and cutie pie Jake spoiled me with nice pressies and GREAT company. I just love you girls so much. Lisa and Kari made me a BEAUTIFUL canvas with a great picture of the three of us. I just love it and will find a special place to hang it in the house. And they also got me an FM transmitter for my new Ipod so I can listen to my tunes in the car. Woo-Hoo! Paula bought me a great little mirror that says "You're looking at a Princess" and a great picture frame which I'll put the cute photo of the 4 of us that we took at the restaurant. It was a great way to spend my morning.
Somewhere between breakfast and noon, I lost my voice. This is the second time in 2 months that I've had a cold settle in my throat. I'm 95% silent as of this typing. Annoying. I picked up Carly at school and we ran to the market to get fruit for tomorrow's class playdate. Then we just hung out at home. Of course, all I wanted to do was relax, take a little nap and watch last night's "The Apprentice" but that took about 2 hours to get her to cooperate. I was screening phone calls since I couldn't talk to anyone anyway.
Gregg came home from "Idol" and we went to dinner at The Melting Pot in Thousand Oaks. (Gail babysat which was nice) Boy is that place good. YUMMY fondue. It was awesome. And there's pretty much nothing better in this world than chocolate fondue and they have chocolate choices. We chose the s'mores fondue which was milk chocolate, marshmallow which they flambe'd, and then poured graham crackers in it. Then all the yummy dippers of banana, strawberry, marshmallow, pineapple, pound cake, cheesecake, brownies, & graham cracker. Of COURSE it was all fat free. It's my birthday!! Gregg also sent me some beautiful flowers and a dozen long stemmed chocolate covered strawberries from Shari's Berries. Again, yum city!!
It was a really nice day today. Generally, I'm usually leary of my birthday because something always goes wrong. I tend to be disappointed that people forgot, I have to work, whatever. Something doesn't work out. Today was a very nice exception. I got to spend it with the people closest to me and got phone calls from the other close people who I couldn't see. I know I owe a few of you phone calls but believe me, you wouldn't recognize my voice for another day or two.
Thanks for the love from everyone. It REALLY made my day and made me feel very special. Love you all!





2 Comments:
Happy Birthday Juls! Sorry it's belated....I didn't know it was your b-day till now. Glad to read that you had a pretty awesome day. Hope you get your voice back soon and that you're feeling better!
jean
Ok so I suck. Im just now making blog rounds lol Hope you had a WONDERFUL birthday!! This is a great date Nick and I were married on this day so CHEERS!!!! Youre wonderful Juls I hope you received lots of goodies!!
Post a Comment
<< Home