Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Future Member of the NFA

For those of you wondering what NFA is, it's the National Flute Association. I took this picture this afternoon during my grand attempt to practice my flute for flute choir. It took me about 20 minutes to play the 5 minute William Tell Overture because Carly kept interrupting me approximately every 4 bars. (See Irene? I do try to practice.) Anyway, once I played through the piece once (needed more but it's hopeless) Carly wanted to play my flute. What else is new? I also took out my piccolo since that's more her size. So here she is trying to play the darn thing. She definitely wants to learn to play the flute (we'll see in about 7 years if she's still as keen on it) and whenever I tell her I'm going to my flute choir class, she says she wants to go and play her flute (a green plastic recorder from Dollar Tree) as well. Can't start 'em too early with the music. She loves hearing me play the flute, when she actually lets me play. At least she sang "Happy Birthday" as I played it for her today.

4 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, March 02, 2006, Blogger Missy said...

oooohhh my Juls she is just too precious. That hair is just killer. Where does the red come from? Great picture - very scrappable!!!

 
At 2:17 PM, March 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh how CUTE is she. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE her hair too. Hee hee. so in 10 years when she's complaining about having to practice, you can show her she once couldn't wait to start. :). I love it.

 
At 3:50 PM, March 03, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

She is so adorable!!! I love her hair! So how is that dollar tree flute doing? I just think it's adorable that she wants to play. My son, Johnny, tried it in the 5th grade and loved it. I still wish he played he was actually pretty good.

 
At 3:48 PM, March 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch out, Culver City Flute Choir!

Irene

 

Post a Comment

<< Home