Saturday, March 18, 2006

XM Channel 49 - Big Tracks

My new favorite channel. This is EXACTLY the music I listened to in high school and college. Just like the good old days of KLOS when they actually played music way back when. Anyway, it's all the good "classic" rock from "our" generation, which is what their station motto is. Well, today I was listening and I heard Pat Benatar "You Better Run" from "Crimes of Passion". Let me tell you a little about this album. It's one of my all time favorites, still to this day. I was given the tape in 11th grade by a fellow flute player who I drove to school for early AM Orchestra. He was kind of a geek and mostly annoying but I still drove him to school. He gave me the cassette tape for Hanukkah as a thank you for driving. Actually, I remember even then that that was very nice of him. Well, this was the first and actually last cassette that I literally played until it didn't play any longer. (Remember cassettes??) I LOVED that album. Every song was awesome, knew all the words and just listened to it over and over and over and over. Anyway, heard the one song today and it reminded me how much I love this album, now in CD form. Just had to share my little high school flashback.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home