Chocolate Milk, Part Deux
Okay, so Friday night she wakes up again at 3AM and all whiney and half asleep insists that she wants her chocolate milk. Because we're too freaking tired when she gets up in the morning, we keep the box right next to the bed. So I tell her, all drowsy that it's the middle of the night and we have to wait until morning. No!! (in her best whiney voice). So I say, okay, if I give you the chocolate milk now, that means you won't get any when you wake up. Are you okay with that? Uh-huh. So I give her the milk. And sure enough, she didn't ask for the milk in the morning and didn't get any until right before bed last night. Maybe coincidence but I'd like to think my child is brilliant and knew exactly what I said to her at 3AM.Now tonight, I gave in to her tired, crankiness and gave her another milk before bed. I told her that that means she wouldn't get one first thing in the morning. She said she understood that. We'll see. It's always a fun thing negotiating with a 3 year old (and a sucker mom)





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home