Thursday, November 02, 2006

Sheer Exhaustion

Well, I guess sleep deprivation does finally catch up with you. Anyone who knows me or my kid knows that she's a horrible sleeper (understatement of the year) But after how many days of running around with normal life, trick or treating on Tuesday, school and ballet on Wednesday, Carly crashed and crashed hard. I called home as I left for work to check in and Miss Thing had fallen asleep about 5:45P. Okay, normally we'd go "Oy" since we know she'll wake up at 10P, hungry and raring to go. But Gregg had a feeling that she was done. He brought her upstairs, put her in bed and she kept sleeping. She woke up for a minute around 11PM and I brought her to bed with me since I had to be up at 5:30A (not my finest hour) knowing that Gregg would move her back when he went to bed. Carly slept until 6:45A. 13 hours!! I don't think my kid has EVER slept 13 hours. With that being said, I'm sure she'll be up 'til 10P tonight.

2 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, November 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending you good luck smoke signals on the sleeping thing!

My three year old recently gave up naps and I've been in a bit of a depression ever since. Unlike some organized, multi-tasking moms I know, I used to spend my son's naptime taking a nap myself. Those days are gone and I miss them so very, very much. Sigh.

 
At 8:12 PM, November 02, 2006, Blogger Sunshine said...

I want to be your kid and sleep for 13 hours too!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home