Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A Flute Tootin' Yule

As many of you know I'm a flute player. I've been playing since I was 10 years old and currently play in the Culver City Flute Choir (website/blog to be coming soon, hopefully) Anyway, I got this CD a few months ago from a friend of mine who's in the group. If you click on the link, Karen is the girl with the short blond hair at the 2 o'clock position. Anyway, being that it's the holidays and all, and there's a short in my car that has killed my beloved XM radio (it's beyond tragic), I'm catching up on my CD listening and figured it was the right time to pull this one out. This CD is so lovely. I play in my flute group almost year-round and it's so nice to hear a family of flutes play so well together and they make this collection of holiday music so fabulous to listen to. It doesn't feel like you're listening to classical and the arrangements for flute choir are fantastic. Of course, they're all incredible players. Anyway, if you have a moment and want an aural treat, click on the link. They have samples of the pieces on the website. I hope you enjoy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home