Friday, December 08, 2006

Flute Concert review

Well, we had our holiday flute choir concert last night. And for once, I thought it went pretty well and I actually played pretty well. One big brain freeze at the top of a song where I played an A flat instead of A natural but oh well. I stopped playing quickly so hopefully it wasn't too noticeable... until I listen to the recording and hear it standing out like a sore thumb. We played two pieces from the Nutcracker, Greensleves, My Dreydel, the Hallelujah Chorus (always the traditional ending) and a few others. It was a short and sweet concert and it sounds like everyone enjoyed it.

Tomorrow, we're doing our "Southland" tour. We go to Lamp Village which is a rehab/shelter on Skid Row. From there we go to the retirement village that one of our member's mom's lives at. It's our way of bringing some holiday cheer to those who need it. It's always really nice and both locations really seem to appreciate and enjoy our music. And since it's holiday stuff, everyone knows most of the tunes and we always end with some sing alongs. It's our holiday good deed for the week.

Irene and I are going to start a blog for our Culver City Flute Choir. It is our 20th year don'tcha know. So it's time we start blogging our activities, other things of flute-y interest and maybe we'll even get organized enough to put up some video on youtube so we can show off our playing abilities. Okay, we're not that great but we have a good time and that's what it's all about. I'll keep you posted on that blog debut. It'll be in my links for those who are remotely interested. Hey, you're reading this blog aren't you? Humor me.

On a totally different topic, I entered a silly little "what am I grateful for?" question on Stacy Panassidi's blog and I was selected as one of the winners. Woo-hoo! I got my winning prize the other day and shockingly, it was a Junkitz product that I DIDN'T have. Woo-Hoo again! C did the honors of taking a photo of me with my cool new stamps. Hey, she actually volunteered to take the picture. It was her idea. Truly!


And well, you know, while we had the camera out, had to take a shot of my girl, who promptly opened up the box and played with all the letters.

1 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, December 09, 2006, Blogger Sunshine said...

You start as many blogs as you want and I'll read them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home