Hanukkah Day 3 & 4
Last year, I was way more on top of my blogging and did an entry each day. Not so much this year. So here's the latest in the present count for C. Okay, I'm not really keeping a tally because in the end, I'd probably throw up at all the stuff she will accumulate. Still, the collection is getting bigger and we're only halfway.Day 3 - dinner with Grandma G. Presents received - Cinderella princess doll (#10+ in the never ending "all things Cinderella" collection),
two coloring books, pens that never dry out and paints that have the paint and brush combined. From Grandpa Alan & Marie - an "I Spy" book. From us - a collection of Princess shoes (thank goodness for Costco),
some Princess nail polish
and a set of Princess lip glosses. Luckily, she's not interested in actually using these particular lippies. But they line up well with the matching Princess shoes. When C opened up the shoes there was an audible gasp. That's always a good sign. She was very excited and since they're a few sizes too big, they should last a year or so in the dress up area.Day 4 - dinner with my family. The whole shebang and a ton of presents.
At least my sister and I drew the line and didn't buy stuff for each other. Too much. More fun to spoil the kids. C had a great time opening presents for her cousin including these little bear booties that C picked out herself. 
Ever enjoying another pressie we gave her. Yes, she's chewing on a pair of pants.

Okay, let's see if I can remember it all. From the grandparents - Leapfrog Word Whammer for the refrigerator (hey when she opened the box and it had "c-a-t" in the machine, she said that spelled "cat" Impressive), a big thing of animal cookies (can you say lunchbox?), a big Dora Game House that has 8 games in it (checkers, memory, old maid, dominoes, etc), Princess calendar, Princess refrigerator magnets, and the highlight of the evening, Light Brite. Boy that was a big hit. New favorite toy. Awesome.
From my sister - Jewish puzzles (awesome considering how non-religious my sister is LOL), Chutes and Ladders, Princess Wish Game, some cute socks and leggings and she made some fabulous sugar cookies for all of us. Spelled out C's name and some doggies to answer a previous blog question "what is the purpose of the toy poodle?"
I'm very impressed with how great they looked. She also bought for us some very fun Judaica cookie cutters so I can make those cookies again in the future... once she gives me the recipe.Let's see for us big kids - the autographed copy of the book by Bob Miller - voice of the LA Kings and University of Iowa alum (where G went to school and my dear friend Sonia lives). I've been a Kings fan since I was 9 years old, mostly a suffering fan, so this is a real treasure for me. Humor me. We also got a Sudoku calendar (love those games), a covered skillet (guess my mom thinks I can or should be cooking), another set of sheets for our bed, and an awesome gift certificate for Dream Dinners. Now, THAT totally rocks. It'll buy a month and half's worth of dinners. Fabulous!! So yeah, we did pretty good too for the big kids.
Lighting C's hanukiah. The grandparents were VERY impressed that she made this herself. I love it too.

How stinking cute are these girls??



Dad, I'm thirsty. Mom's not around? Okay, can I just take a sip from your baba?

Stay tuned. 18 hours from the Day 5 extravaganza.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home