Hanukkah, Oh Hanukkah
Come open lots of presents...Yup, it's day 2 of Hanukkah and so far we've kept the pressies somewhat under control. Nothing major but I'm sure the onslot will start once we see the grandparents tomorrow and Monday. We haven't quite gotten the concept that we light the candles at dinner time instead of during the day but too bad. That's pretty much how the latkes crumble.
Day 1 highlights:
Lighting our hanukiah, the one that G and I got right before our wedding

The hanukiah that Carly made in school. It's granite pieces with a regular nuts as candleholders. How cool is this??

Princess Wish game.

And a cool music box, magnetic dreidel spinner from Grandpa and Marie.

Day 2 highlights. Tonight's theme seemed to mostly be books, which are always good. Aunt Sondra sent 4 books including Cinderella and Snow White. C picked from the pile from us a set of Princess books and some bath flutes and from Grandpa and Marie, 2 CD's of kids music.
Someone loves lighting the candles.

And yes, we have like 8 hanukiah's to light each night. We'll probably set the house ablaze by the 8th night.

Fun bath toys, even though we fight every night to take a bath lately. When did that change? Oh right, she's 3.5 years old.

C loves books and one can never go wrong with anything Princess.

My grand attempt at Hanukkah decorations. Pretty much the only holiday I decorate for.
As I mentioned in a previous post, yesterday was our 5 year anniversary. We went to a fabulous dinner at Roy's. Had some sushi and sashimi appetizers, I had a filet mignon and black tiger shrimp. G had a combo of 3 different fishes which melted in your mouth. And we had the chocolate lava souffle for dessert. You know the kind, that oozes chocolate when you stick a spoon in it. Heavenly. They also brought us an extra dessert to help us celebrate.
And G bought me a great present, seriously. I've been wanting a big ipod for ages to be able to fit all my music and photos on. Well, he bought me the 80GB ipod!! I'm so stinking excited. Yes, I'm a gadget girl and generally I don't like gifts with a plug but this one I'm really happy about. I've already loaded up ALL my songs on it (my other two are awesome but no big enough for all the songs I have) and a bunch of recent pictures I've been working with in iphoto.

Plus a nice little engraving on the back.
Looking forward to thousands more as well. LOVE my gift!





2 Comments:
Super cool present too! I've been drooling for an iPod for a long time, but DH hasn't gotten the hint yet, LOL. Great, great gift. And so glad you had fun celebrating your anniversary. Your little one is just ADORABLE! The pictures are so cute.
Thanks soooo much for the holiday card! I got it over the weekend and I LOVE IT! Great family picture! Thanks so much Juls!
Congratulations on 5 years Juls!!!!
Your pictures of Hannukah are fabulous. Thanks for letting us share with you!
Post a Comment
<< Home