Hanukkah day 5, 6, 7, and 8
Will be updated tomorrow. Too many photos to sort through and I'm fighting the uber-present sore throat. I suppose if I got off the computer and went to bed before 3AM that might help my cause. Which, is now my goal for tonight.A few random things to share before I forget. While reading her bedtime story "Zin! Zin! Zin! A Violin!" last night (LOVE this book), C declared that she's going to take piano lessons, then clarinet and then flute. We've always discussed piano lessons. I believe that piano is the foundation for playing all other instruments, so you get all the fundamentals for music theory with a few years of piano and then move on to any other instrument. Then, because you know who plays flute, C has always said she wants to play. Now clarinet? No idea where that comes from but hopefully she'll be a better musician than she is a singer and then she can play as many instruments as she wants.
Then tonight, we went to Lisa's house to exchange Hanukkah pressies with C and C. My C said she was hungry and it was dinner time anyway so Lisa made the girls fish sticks. My kid ate them!!! 3 of them! My kid is a vegetarian, her choice. Okay, that's not 100% true but she doesn't eat much red meat except for the occasional Mc'ers plain hamburger, which a few bites of meat sneak through on her way to eating the bun. She'll eat chicken in the nugget form only recently but that's about it. Cheese pizza and mac and cheese are the primary food groups in this house. So when Lisa put those fish sticks in front of her and she took not only a first but a SECOND bite, you could've knocked me over with a feather. Yes, I took photos. Would you expect anything less? Stay tuned tomorrow for those.
Then the third "where did that come from?" comment. Right before we lit the Hanukkah candles tonight, C asked "Can we go to Las Vegas again?" HUH? Clearly, she knows she's got money in her tzedakah box and she's ready to put on the roulette wheel, but we have no idea where she thought of that. And in a funny coincidence, I got a text message from Susan, (our babysitter who came with us to Vegas for the Telethon and who spent many hours at playdates with C and her niece) texted me "I'm in Vegas (for Christmas) and I'm in trouble for not bringing C!" Clearly, C and Madison bonded over the summer. I guess we'll be going to Viva Las Vegas again soon !!
Okay, off the computer. Off to bed. Photos tomorrow.





1 Comments:
Can't wait to see the photos.... I'm thinking of taking hubby to Vegas for a little weekend fling in February, I'll take C to the roulette wheel for ya!
Post a Comment
<< Home