Aquarium of the Pacific
By personal request by C herself, we went to the Aquarium of the Pacific yesterday. We had gone once before when C was about 18 months, she's been the past two years to the Baltimore Aquarium and the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay in Vegas so that must've been what C remembered. Anyway, we went and had a great time. It was a SUPER windy day here in So. Cal. so the outside stuff was pretty quick but it was a lot of fun.C LOVED the sharks. And seeing the clown fish aka Nemo and blue fish aka Dory. Of course, I've forgotten the real name of the blue fish that are Dory's. And they were in like 3 or 4 different tanks. Personally, I really enjoyed seeing the jellyfish. They're amazing. Touching the stingrays - they're really slimy smoothe. And all the super colorful tropical fish, including the tank that had fish that at some point switch sexes from male to female and vice versa. Sea Dragons are pretty freaky looking things as well. It was fun.
So once again, you'll have to indulge me with a bunch of photos. I'm actually pleased with my fabulous Nikon D70 DSLR. It was nice to have a little bit of control over the photos in dark places, even if I haven't the foggiest idea on how to really use the camera. Still, I think I came out with a few good ones. See? even by accident, a good camera can make an average photographer look pretty good. You be the judge, and again, just humor me.
Watching C look into each tank and see all the cool fish, animals and creatures was so cool.





And how cool that these scuba divers are in the tank? There are 3 of them and they feed the animals and one of them speaks to the watching crowd. We waved to this diver and he gave C a "high five".

The coral reef

Among the interesting things that can be found in this particular display...

Look! Nemo!!

A Sea Dragon

Jellys. I swear I took this photo. Didn't it come out cool?

The ultimate sign of a successful day. And this was taken moments after pulling out of the parking lot.





4 Comments:
I can't use my Rebel in the dark either, really should read some of those books I bought.
Your photos look like Pulitzer prize winners, you're FAB!
GREAT Shots Juls! We've been meaning to take the kids there too because the last time we went was with all the Foxy's. Happy New Years!! :)
Juls these pictures are AWESOME. Love the jellyfish shot! Heres to a sucessful outing with C sleeping at the end. Gotta love it when its a quiet ride home. We were actually thinking about taking Alex and seeing these pictures definately makes me want to go so thank you!
Awesome shots Juls! I just bought the Nikon d80 for myself for my birthday and Xmas...so I'll play along with you in trying to figure things out. I did take a class via Nikon in Nov and learned there is a "?" button on the camera that will tell you what something means/does if you don't have your manual on you. Anyhow, if I learn anything new with the camera, I'll let you know.
jean
Post a Comment
<< Home