HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I hope everyone had a happy and healthy new year ringing it in with friends and family. We had a quiet night at home. We were going to go to my friend Lainee's house but by the time we finished with dinner at Islands (special C request), it was a little late to schlep out to West Hollywood. So we just came home, played some games and watched the ball drop in Times Square. We celebrated with some sparkling cider and of course, C was up at midnight. Annoying but she took a late nap after being out for the afternoon doing a condolence call. We fully expected it. Boy, she'll be in for a rude awakening when school starts tomorrow and she has to go to bed before 10. Personally, I'm looking forward to it.Okay, so it's that time of year again. I won't say resolutions because, let's be honest, how quickly do they fall by the wayside and it just gets discouraging. I'll set a few goals. I know I did this last year and I don't think I accomplished any of them but I'll get back up on the horse and give it the old college try for 2007.
1 - the evergreen resolution... lose weight. I need to lose a real 15 pounds. I'm really going to try for a myriad of reasons starting with the fact that I simply need to lose the poundage. IF I'm lucky enough to get pregnant, I'm over where I started with C so that's not a good thing either. So we'll see how far I can get in the next few weeks to jump start this thing.
2 - tied to #1, go to the gym. I'm actually motivated to do that. I've gone a couple of times in the past two weeks. I've scoped out the classes that I'd like to hit since I generally don't like using the equipment but I will if the class thing doesn't work out. My goal is 3-4 times a week. I went twice this past week so it's a start.
3 - read more. My goal is 10 books this year. For your voracious readers out there that doesn't seem like much. But when you have a 3.5 year old who doesn't sleep (see above mentioned ringing in the new year reference), there's not a lot of extra time. Once C finally goes to sleep, there are a million other things to do so reading isn't high on the list. But even one chapter a night would be a step in the right direction. I'll do my best to keep the completed books updated here. I read "Scrap Everything" over two days last week. It was pretty good, not overly scrap related but a pretty good girly story. But it's a book read so it's a start.
4 - Scrap more. Yeah, another constant. I have trouble motivating here in my house but since I can't get out to scrap more often, I need to figure something out at home. I think I did pretty well with my total number of layouts completed last year so I'm not going to put a number goal like some other people do. I'd only get depressed when I'm behind. So I just need to scrap more. Oh, and clean my scrap area to make the actual scrapping easier. Which leads to...
5 - Clean the clutter. G and I made a promise for our anniversary to clean the considerable amount of crap from the surfaces of our house. I hate it but I can't seem to figure out how to stop it. I think it'll be a little easier when C goes back to school since over this break, we have to entertain her. But we'll get to it come hell or high water.
6 - I need to figure out how to not take things so personally. That's a thing I've always been plagued with. I hate feeling like this but I haven't figured out a way to go around it. Whether it's work or friends or school or whatever, I feel like I'm the third wheel, overlooked, not considered qualified and it just gets old. I guess I need to either let it go or somehow prove myself, which with work, I haven't worked out how to do that. I know there are certain things I can make more of an effort with but when I've tried in the past, it's still bitten me in the ass so it's hard to motivate to keep trying. I'm feeling a little 98 pound weakling getting kicked with the sand again. But I'll figure something out, one way or another. But it's something to think about this year.
7 - Keep in better touch with my emails. I'm intermittent about returning emails. I mean, the immediate ones I do and then I get lazy with some of the not so immediate needs to respond. I need to get better at that. I have some wonderful friends out there that I need to correspond with better. Please know that I love you and I do think about you even if I'm a lazy bum with emails sometimes.
That's all I can think of for the moment. I'm sure I'll come up with a few more. Or not. Maybe this is enough to work on. When/If I accomplish some of these, I can tackle a few more. Gotta start somewhere.
Happy New Year Everyone!





4 Comments:
Happy New Year to you too! Thanks for sharing your resolutions! I hope you get to accomplish everything in your list! I, just like you said, would also love to be able to find a way to not let things get to me. I always take everything personal. In every arena of life. So this has been a constant work in progress for me too. Also, on the e-mails! Same thing with me. I have several that I've been meaning to return, just haven't had the chance to sit down to spend a good amount of time. I think it's part of "wanting to do a good job at it." If I feel I only have a few minutes, but I really would love to send an e-mail that is long and true to all the stuff I really want to talk about, I know it may take me more like 15-20 minutes to get it done, so I tell myself, "okay, I'll come back to it when I get a little more time than right now." Then I get behind, and reality comes along. When can I find extra time to write a long extended e-mail when I have several e-mails I've been saving in the "soon to be returned" e-mail folder. The 15-20 minutes, really means that I need a couple of hours to return e-mails. And between work, scrapbooking, family, blogging, and well...life in general, sometimes it takes me a long time to get back to friends....but I still love them all.
Happy new year to you too!!! Wonderful resolutions. I will love cheering you on as you tackle them this year! go go go!!
It's good to get all the goals out there and within one's grasp! Best of luck with the list, I'm sure you'll manage to knock them off with ease.
Let me just say in reference to #6... that you've got a beautiful daughter and a husband that think you're first wheel... and after that, who really gives a s&*t!! Nothing personal friends!! You've got it all... be happy!! And may all your goals come true!!
Post a Comment
<< Home