Wicked
Have I mentioned how obsessed I am with this show? We saw it tonight and it was, once again, an incredible experience. It's such an amazing spectacle and the performances are outstanding. It took me a little bit to get into the girl playing Glinda but she was terrific. And OMG Eden Espinosa who plays Elphaba was simply spectacular. I love her voice. I was happy that Fiyero was good too. When I saw the show two years ago, I hated the guy who played Fiyero. Sounded way too much like Brian McKnight, which there's nothing wrong with Brian McKnight but it just didn't suit Broadway singing. This guy was WAY better. Everyone was wonderful.As expected, I cried during "Defy Gravity" and "For Good". I love those songs. Megan Hilty (who plays Glinda) did something funny during "Popular" which just cracked up Eden Espinosa. That's what makes the theater so wonderful. The live, anything can happen mode. I had forgotten some of the details of the comedy and some other little pieces so it was so nice to be reminded of the funny dialogue, some of the interstitial dancing and singing and how things get revealed.
We had a great night. Can't wait to see it again. Gotta go check my calendar to start planning.





4 Comments:
Ahh, so glad you got the chance to see it again! How very cool! That's exactly why I love theater...it's always a new show! You can watch the same musical a dozen times and each time you get a new experience from it all.
I want to see Wicked so bad, but I don't see it happening in the near future. I'm jealous!!
I finally get to see Mama Mia in April and I have been wanting to see that forever too.
Lisa A.
Hey happy early birthday for Wednesday!!! Got a reminder from dear Maria and had to drop in! :)
Julie,
I'm going to see it in Dallas, TX in May for my birthday! I can't wait!
The CD is one of my "most played" on my ipod!
-Lyman
Post a Comment
<< Home