World Premiere
Approximately 2.5 hours of sleep last night, but who’s counting. Apparently, sleep IS an option. For the second night in a row, there was a 4 showing on my clock when I finally crawled into bed. The problem was with the 6 when the alarm went off. We’ve still got a lot of work to do today but I really have to be done at midnight, with tapes in hand, because of an overnight edit situation that’s supposed to start at 6AM tomorrow morning. If I were in Vegas... We’ll see how well we do. Just imagine what 5 whole hours of sleep in a row will do for me. Watch out world!I was able to attend the world premiere of “Stop That Pickle” at C’s school this morning. It was, without a doubt, the cutest thing ever. It’s a cute little story of a runaway pickle and the food’s that try to catch him. C was a PB&J sandwich. Also participating in the chase were a Pippin apple, 17 almonds, two chocolate donuts, a salty pretzel, a bottle of grape juice and an ice cream cone. I’m not sure how many are in the real book (or just adapted for this performance) but I do know the kids chose their own foods. They made their own costumes (decorated t-shirts) and they obviously rehearsed really hard. There was a lot of activity as the kids were running around chasing the aforementioned runaway vegetable and as each food joined in the run, they each yelled their goal which was (everyone now) “Stop That Pickle!” Oh, it was so stinking cute. And yes, there are photos and videos. I’ve been the class photographer/historian all year taking a jillion pictures whenever I’m around (especially at birthday parties). So, I’ll upload of a few tomorrow when I’m sitting around watching rehearsals. Assuming I’m awake. I’m just glad that it worked out that I could go. I would’ve been brokenhearted to just have watched the video. And all kids had multiple audience members. Parents and grandparents were well represented as well as some other parents who were at school preparing for the pre-school graduation tonight. It was definitely a SRO performance. Bravo Room 8!!
Labels: Sleep deprivation





2 Comments:
That sounds soooo adorable!!! I can't wait to see some photos!!
And stop blogging and go and sleep!! I am so impressed with how much you update this thing! :o)
ITA with Megan...go and get some sleep! LOL BTW, ran into your dd the other day (with sitter/friend?) at the mall at LSS...she's adorable!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home