Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Stop the insanity!

Okay, there's a barbershop quartet serenading the houseguests in the BB house. Oh yeah, and a midget and a Johnny Depp Pirate dude on stilts. This will all make sense in the HOH comp tomorrow.

There aren't enough hours between now and next Thursday when we leave for Vegas for the Telethon to get everything done. I'm here at BB where the meeting got pushed back an hour. I don't have time for this. I have a swim playdate at my house. Shit. Tonight I have Dream Dinners. Tomorrow is BB of course. Friday is the final Hollywood Bowl and the Summer Sounds Series for C. Playdate Friday afternoon. Saturday I actually have pretty open (I think) until we have to go to LAX to pick up Chapin who's coming into town. We'll have fun and it's actually kind of a good thing that she's only here for 3 days since it's coming up to leaving town. Sunday we've got our Hi-5 concert and then the adults are going to a real jazz concert at the Bowl. I'm sure Monday and Tuesday will be spent schlepping to as many malls as physiclaly possible. Chapin leaves Tuesday night. Wednesday is BB meeting time. Thursday is BB and we're on a flight Thursday night. I'm exhausted and the Telethon hasn't even started yet. I hope I get everything I need done. At this moment I'm not convinced.

I went to Ventura last week to scrap with Lisa, Kari, Wendy, Kirsten and Lisa M. We got together to celebrate Kari's upcoming 40th birthday. Happy Birthday my friend!! I got a mini-album done and 10 pages. None of them were all that spectacular but hey, they're done. I don't know when I'll be able to scrap again (it won't be until the end of September at the earliest) so I was glad to get that much done, even with very little mojo.

I'm also a little sad today. I dropped C off at camp this morning and that was the last time I'll take her to Temple Judea. C changed school and starts in a few weeks. I'm still sad that it all came down the way it did. I love TJ and made some truly wonderful, amazing friends that hopefully will last a lifetime for both us and C. Still it was so sad for me today to say goodbye to the school director. I got all teary eyed. C's regular teacher wasn't there at drop off (i'll ahve to email her) because I definitely would've lost it with her. C totally thrived there and loved going to school there for 3 years. I felt melancholy yesterday when I saw C on the yard swinging. She's grown up there. It's been her world for so long, it's sad to think that she's growing up and needs to move on. Of course, she's going to do great at her new school in pre-K but it's still sad. An end of the pre-school chapter in her life. I know I'm more upset that C is.

2 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, August 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tuesday night's BB was the best I've ever seen!!! I had to wonder if you guys lied about the vote and hand picked Jessica for Eric to give the silent treatment to! And then I thought maybe the staff told Jen to plant that seed in Jessica about Dustin having an alliance with Dick. When Jessica started suspecting that both Dustin and Eric had an alliance with Dick I was just rolling on the couch laughing my *ss off!!! I've watched all 8 seasons and that was the best BB moment EVER!!! I didn't even care if it was fakes, although I don't think it actually was!!!!!! What a fun job you have! :)

 
At 7:09 PM, August 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Juls..so glad you got a chance to get away and scrap with friends. Also, so sad that dd is having to leave her school. Good luck w/ her new one :) Our kids are getting so big so fast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home