Sunday, March 09, 2008

Post Celebration

I had a really nice birthday which is actually kind of nice to say for a change. For whatever reason my birthdays of late have been a disappointment and low key. Last year, I was flat out on my bed so nothing exciting happened. This year was much nicer. As previously blogged, G and I were going to play golf, I had to volunteer in C's class, she got a fever and none of the above happened. I did go to lunch with K which was fabulous. We had yummy sushi and it was really nice for just the two of us to have some catch up time. Usually, me, K and L are hanging out which is always fabulous but you know, the one on one time is a good thing too. K and L gave me the new Stacy Julian "Picture Freedom" book which I'm looking forward to diving into. Hopefully, this will help me organize my photo life a little bit. They also gave me (which hasn't come in yet) a fantastic jewelry/charm soldering kit that we played with at CHA. That's gonna be a fun toy.

G and I went out to a nice dinner at P6. I had been there before but he hadn't so it was really nice to have an adult meal with the most important person in my life. (okay, one of the two since the other was a sickie). After we got home, I jumped in my car and drove down to Carlsbad for a scrapping weekend with the girls. I hadn't seriously scrapped since November and needed to get my mojo back. No design team assignments yet (although I know what the first projects are supposed to be, just waiting for the product to go do them) so I was able to do stuff for me. I did all pre-fab kits. I put them together, added the photos but the designs were already done. I added some of my own embellishments but I was able to knock out 25 pages. That was good for me. I also did an "All About Me" mini-album which I want to do with C for her 5th birthday in a few weeks. And I did two acrylic albums from when we went to see all the Disney Princesses at "Enchanted" at the El Capitan. It came out really cute if I say so. I started an acrylic Hanukkah album but ran out of time. We went do dinner and then I drove home. It was a nice weekend to get away.

I also got a lot of birthday cards and wishes via email and old fashioned snail mail. I pretty much always remember people's birthdays so while I hate to brag that it's my birthday, I tend to hold people up to my memory standards. I'm usually sorely disappointed. This year, however, all the people who I truly love actually remembered and remembered on my actual day. I really felt special. I'm lucky enough to have some really amazing friends. People who I speak with almost every day, people who we only communicate on birthdays and Christmas. But there are a few people that I know are dear in my heart, who I adore and who feel right back at me even if we don't don't every day (S (thanks for the shout out) and JH to name a few) I hope you know how much you mean to me. And how much ALL of you mean to me. You ALL made my birthday very special this year.

1 Comments:

At 3:44 AM, March 10, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you had such a FANTASTIC birthday! :D Gotta love it when people actually remember your day on your actual day...but when dorks, such as myself, don't wish you a happy birthday on your actual day just think of it an an extended birthday wish! And know that they LOVE you to pieces, even if they have a rotten memory like me these days! LOL. :D Sending you LOTS of love!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home