New obsession
Facebook.com. It's addicting, time wasting and yet so much fun.About a month ago, my summer camp had a reunion. I couldn't go for various reasons and apparently "our" generation from the late 70's thru the 80's was sorely underrepresented. So Greg L. put together a facebook group for us former campers and staff from Calamigos. In two short weeks, we've tracked town over 40 people which is fantastic and ridiculously fun. Luckily, I'm now back in touch with my two very favorite campers. Geoff I had tracked down a few months ago and we were in touch. My other fave Jayson, I had his email but hadn't gotten around to emailing. Maybe I was nervous that he wouldn't remember me or didn't want to talk to me or whatever. It was silly because he was thrilled to hear from me. As we've all been to connect back with everyone. It's been so great.
Now, of course, I'm spending a few too many hours in the day trying to track down people and sending them messages. But it is fun that I'm "friends" with my cousins in NY which is the closest communication that we've ever had. I've tracked down some people from other rare corners of my life, some of my scrapbooking girlfriends, flute choir, and a few others, which is also so cool. Time waster granted, but I'm having fun.
One digression, what the fuck is going on with the big "C"? Found out yet another friend was recently diagnosed with melanoma. Enough already. This is 3. Cut it out. All under the age of 45. Sick, awful, revolting. Thankfully, all will be fine but enough of this crap. Doesn't G-d have better things to do? I could come up with a few items if he/she's looking for something to do.





2 Comments:
ME TOO! :-)
Haven't heard from you girlie! Has Facebook swallowed you up? :-D I was just thinking about Marla and hoping she's feeling well.
Post a Comment
<< Home