Sunday, April 06, 2008

Oy what a day!

Busy day today that started off pretty much on schedule. Me, Caz and C were planning on going to the final Kings game of the season. As horrific as they've been as a team, currently tied for last place in the league, I have been a fan for 35 years so I might as well be supportive on the last game of the year. So getting ready to get dressed and head out to Staples, I go to check on the dogs and gee, what a surprise, they've disappeared. This is about 10:30A. Caz had let them out to pee and forgot that they need supervised visits in the backyard because of their previous walkabouts. So I quickly get dressed, climb up the hill in search of two dumb dogs. Caz ultimately climbed the fence to give it a search but came up with nothing. We called my MIL to see if she'd swing by to see if they'd show up on the front doorstep like they always have.

We took off to the hockey game where the Kings lost to the Ducks 4-3. We got there at the start of the 2nd period which sadly, has been pretty standard this season. I was hoping to actually make it to the whole game but the dogs clearly didn't want that to happen.

After the game, we headed to see G at the Kodak Theater (home of the Oscars) where they're rehearsing "Idol Gives Back". Anyway, it's about 5PM and as I'm getting off the freeway, I get a call from some guy in private community, which our backyard backs up to and where our dogs escaped to, asking if I lost my dog named Tazzie. Yes, I did. I explain that my MIL is at my house, where I live and he's willing to drive her home. He asked if I had a Rottweiler too. I said yes, her name is Keely and she's a big weenie. A couple of disconnected cell phone calls later, he tells me that Keely wouldn't come to him and that he's driving Tazzie home and my MIL can come get Keely. So she goes driving around Hidden Hills (multi million dollar huge homes) but can't find her. She meets a couple riding their horses and the woman gets in the car to help her find Keely and her husband, on horseback, goes off to find her as well. The woman said that she saw Keely earlier but she wouldn't come to her either. At about 7P, my MIL called it a day (she had been driving around for almost 2 hours) and headed home, hoping, that Keely would make it home to the front or along the back fence. No such luck on the return. Obviously, there's nothing we can do but hope that she's safe and finds a place to lay low.

Back to the Kodak. Of course, we're there to support G and his big directing gig, to which everyone I know said he's doing an amazing job. :-) But the real reason we were there was to see Carrie Underwood. You know, the girl who sings "Ever Ever After" from "Enchanted". The video we watch endlessly on my iphone. When we get to the Kodak, Robin Williams is rehearsing and needless to say, he's hilarious. Caz was able to say hello to him and take a photo. She was flipping out that she saw a real movie star and it doesn't get much bigger than him. She was so excited. She'll email the photo. So, a little bit later, Carrie arrives. G knows her from when she was on "Idol" season 5. So he goes up to say hi and calls us over. C, in her infinite shyness, didn't say much. Carrie was very sweet talking to her. G said asked C what her second favorite song was (next to "Ever Ever After") that she watches on my iphone. Dad had to answer "Wicked" for her and Carrie said that she listens to that a lot too. I was able to take this picture which was pretty cool.


We watched a little more rehearsal to which, yes, G is doing a great job. It's looking fantastic so be sure to tune in to "Idol Gives Back", give if you can to the cause, and enjoy watching G's big directing gig. Then, us three girls went to CPK for dinner, a little Cold Stone for ice cream and then head off to the airport. I get so sad when Caz has to leave. We're so close, we get along so well, we always have fun when we're together so it's just so hard that we live so far apart. I hope we can get to Sydney sooner than later.

So C and I get home. Still no Keely. I climb up the hill to see if she's made it along the back fence but no. I hear coyotes and dogs carrying on which scared the crap out of me. Little Keely isn't the brightest dog in the world and could easily just be wandering being lost without any idea which way to go. I climb up the hill another couple of times but nothing. G finally gets home at 12:30A and climbs the fence just to take a walk and see if he can find her. Of course,
another round of coyotes going nuts ensues so that's not a good sound. About 5 minutes after he climbed over, he calls saying that he has her. Hallelujah! After another 14 hour journey, we have two dogs. Keely hurt her paw a little bit and was filthy, but she's fine. Both dogs are now splayed out on their pillow and I'm guessing they won't be moving much in the next 24 hours.

Okay, I'm glad that they're home of course, but the stress they cause is just ridiculous. We need to shore up the hole they keep digging under to escape. This one particular escape route has been viable for them for almost 4 months. We tried to plug it up, but where there's a will there's a way, and they keep digging it up again. I'm thinking concrete at this point. And if they think they're going out for more than 1 minute supervised they're nuts. It's all extremely aggravating. So that was my full day. I'm throughly mentally and physically exhausted and I'm going to bed.

Again, watch "Idol Gives Back" on Wednesday and be sure to give a big YAY when you see the directed by credit.

6 Comments:

At 5:06 AM, April 06, 2008, Blogger Suzanne said...

Sorry about your evening, and the Kings loss, but ohmygosh, that is hilarious about the dogs. I'm not laughing AT you, I'm laughing WITH you, since I also have two stupid dogs that love to walk themselves unsupervised. Cool photo op! You know I'll be watching IGB!!! :-)

 
At 8:25 PM, April 06, 2008, Blogger Lisa Spiegel said...

Sounds like a very eventful end to Caz's trip...stupid dogs...I swear...they don't know what side of the bread their butter is on...and you KNOW I'll be watching Idol Gives Back...with my box of kleenex by my side.

 
At 10:17 PM, April 06, 2008, Blogger Megan R said...

OMG, what a day is right!! How amazing to see both Robin Williams and Carrie Underwood! I am so jealous!!! Not so good about the dogs. I can just imagine the stress it causes! jeepers!!!
Also meant to comment on your last post. I'm really really sorry this is happening to her!! Am going to email you as I have an idea to keep her spirits up!! And I will be glued to American Idol. I am every week anyway but we are a couple of weeks behind, so won't get the special for a few more yet!!! But so freakin cool, that I "sorta" know the director!!

 
At 4:01 AM, April 09, 2008, Blogger Terri said...

wow that was quite an exciting day! I don't know if you would be for this or not, but those electric fences might be in order for your two little escape artists. It sure would cause you guys a lot less heartache.

 
At 8:13 AM, April 10, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Juls...it's Jenn, Yez's friend...tell your hubby I truly enjoyed watching last night's Idol Gives back. It was awesome! I cried more than once and the hubby said he had to step away to "compose" himself. My prayers are with your friend and I'm glad the doggies are back home. :)

 
At 7:27 PM, April 10, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Juls you know what is remarkable about this post? The fact that you wrote it at 1:24am lol Unreal. What a stressful day you had! Im usually so sad that we cant haved a dog but not today :P Watched Idol Gives Back and was sooooo moved!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home