Slumber Party
I had a sleepover with Marla last night. Not exactly like when we were 17. We really didn't talk about boys, SAT scores (boy did mine suck all 4 times I took the damn test), the prom or BBG but it was my pleasure to be at the hospital with her. She's doing well and resting comfortably. She had to have two blood transfusions overnight and her wonderful DH Mike wanted to be home to be with their son at night and when he woke up in the morning. Try to keep this crazy time to some little bits of normalcy. Marla didn't want to be alone during the transfusions because you never know if she'd need any help with anything. I'm thrilled and honored that they called me next on the list. We were driving home from seeing "The Little Mermaid" at the El Capitan but once I got home, I packed up a bag and my book and I was off again.Marla's hemoglobin levels and blood pressure were low, thus the need for the 2 units of blood. She was definitely pale and a little swollen and it was a long day yesterday, obviously. Needless to say, she slept most of the night and we didn't chat much. She seemed to be sleeping well in between the clunky nurse interruptions. The 9PM blood transfusion started at 11:57P. I went to sleep a little after that and managed to sleep until 4;20A when it was time for the 2nd unit of blood. Then between Marla having to pee a few times and nurses coming in and out, turning off the lights, then 5 minutes later another nurse turns on the light, I was up every 20 minutes until about 6A. Then slept again until 7:45A when her Rabbi came to visit.
Overall, Marla's doing well. Her color, energy and spirits were great this morning. We took a walk around the hospital floor. It looks like she'll be coming home tomorrow which is great. They wanted to watch her blood levels for one more day. I know she's feeling pretty good all things considered so it'll be great to get her home and relax in her own surroundings. And I was glad to be there to do my little bit to help. I've got a few other ideas of things I can do and she's very lucky that there's so much family around to help.





2 Comments:
Glad to hear she's doing well! Being home will help her spirits, I'm sure. She's very lucky to have a friend like you! :-)
Dear Juls was a g-dsend to both Mike and I. It is a beautiful friend who can be there for you and help you stumble to the commode and not wince or gag. We love you Juls and look forward to our next visit. xoxox M, M and S
Post a Comment
<< Home