Tuesday, April 01, 2008

We have a fight on our hands

If any of my regulars are those that I work with, you already know the news. For those of you in my scrapbook and other worlds, my best friend was diagnosed with breast cancer last week. I've been trying to figure out the best way to blog this. It's been a difficult few days of processing and I can't even imagine what it's been like for M, M & S. I've known M since 7th grade so we've really grown up together. I work with M on "Big Brother" which I have to admit is really fun that I get to see him every week. And I'm S's godmother and M is C's godmother. My parents love M like another daughter so as you can imagine, we're really close.

I know and feel deep in my being that M is going to come through this with flying colors. She has a not so great history of cancer in her family which makes this all a little more scary. But because of that history, she's always been extremely diligent when it comes to all health matters. So after two MRI's (the mammogram didn't spot anything), this damn f'in cancer was diagnosed. I know it's early. As posted on her blog, it's a form that reacts well to hormone therapy which is excellent. I know she, we - the world, can beat this thing. She will have a mastectomy (probably double) and then chemo and radiation. For how long, hasn't been 100% determined yet. It's going to be a long couple of month upcoming but I do know that it's all going to be good. It has to be. I'm lucky to have two best friends in the world and the other is here in town from Australia this week. I have every intention of all of us being around celebrating our grandchildren.

Please say a prayer, light a candle, do whatever you do to think good, happy thoughts for M and for anyone else who may need a little extra positive energy. I've posted M's blog-link on the side if you're interested in checking out the journey or saying hi.  Thanks for listening.

9 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, April 01, 2008, Blogger Lisa Spiegel said...

Well, I don't know Marla since apparently our two worlds don't collide, but I know how much you love her so I wanted to say that I wish her all the best in fighting this. ((hugs))

 
At 5:25 PM, April 01, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear your news. Sending you hugs and many prayers for your friend.

 
At 8:57 PM, April 01, 2008, Blogger M, M and S said...

Juls, thanks for your beautiful post. We love you so very much.
xoxo
M, M and S

 
At 10:03 PM, April 01, 2008, Blogger Melissa :) said...

I hope everything goes well and I am sending hugs you way.

 
At 10:41 PM, April 03, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow huge hugs Im sorry that she is going through this and Ill keep her in my thoughts and will follow her blog to see her progress. Juls you are an amazing friend!


F@$# Cancer.

 
At 6:34 AM, April 04, 2008, Blogger Suzanne said...

That sucks! So sorry for your friend and her family, but certainly sending healing thoughts her way.

 
At 11:45 AM, April 09, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so sorry to read this. I know how dear M is to you. My prayers and best wishes to you all. Hugs.

 
At 6:15 AM, April 13, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your best friend Juls. I'll pray for her quick recovery from surgery and treatment. Hugs for you and M.

Lisa A.

 
At 12:26 AM, April 17, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Juls, this is from Star,Ginger's friend. I was reading her blog, and I don't know what brought me to read your blog. Strange how things connect. I know it is hard to hear the word "cancer" but they have come far with treating breast cancer. My older sister is a survivor for almost 6 years now. She had it in one breast and less than a year later,they found it in the other one. They caught both of them early on. She did radiation on both breast, but no chemo. She was on cancer drugs for quite awhile. What we learned is that cancer feeds on stress. So, as silly as it sounds, tell your friend that. Sometimes, we surprize ourselves on the strength that we have within ourself, especially when you have children. Also, building up her immune system is very important, as radiation will zap it. My sister has a weak "constitution" you might say, so radiation was very hard on her, but she made it through. A big hug, along with prayers are coming your way for you and M, M, and S!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home