Friday, April 18, 2008

Surgery is done

Marla had her surgery today. While they found the cancer has spread to some of the lymph nodes, they got it all. And her form of cancer is highly treatable which is all good. I won't even attempt to reiterate anything. Just check out her blog and get the latest update from her wonderful DH Mike. We need to send him to good cyber hugs as well so think good, healthy thoughts and prayers. And while you're in the positive thinking mood, my friend K told me today that her Mom was just diagnosed with leukemia. So if you have a little extra happy fairy dust to spare, send it her way as well. (Hugs and love to you K)

I'm glad Marla is resting now comfortably now. I'm glad it's over so she can move into full recovery mode. I'm hoping I can see her in the next day or two but I don't want to overwhelm. She needs to rest and relax. I'm sure there's a parade of family (as there should be) and I don't want to add to any chaos. I'll try to visit over the weekend when she's home, if it works out. I did make a bunch of Dream Dinners today for them which I hope they'll enjoy. Can't get more convenient and yummy than that so I hope it helps take a little pressure off, at least for a few meals.

6 Comments:

At 2:34 AM, April 18, 2008, Blogger Suzanne said...

Sending lots of cyber hugs and prayers their way! The meals will definitely be appreciated, very thoughtful of you. :-)

 
At 3:05 AM, April 18, 2008, Blogger Megan R said...

Hugs from me too Juls!! Really glad it all went well!!

 
At 8:21 AM, April 18, 2008, Blogger Lisa Spiegel said...

I'm so glad to hear it went well...hugs!

 
At 10:20 AM, April 18, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lots of hugs and prayers to you and your friend and her family! Glad to hear the surgery went well.

 
At 10:28 AM, April 18, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugs for you, Marla, and her family! It's still tough no matter if the prognosis is good or not. I'm sure she's glad to have the surgery over and I'm thrilled to hear it went well.

Take care,
Lisa A.

 
At 9:28 PM, April 18, 2008, Blogger Melissa :) said...

Glad to hear it went well. The dinners are a great thought, I hope she enjoys them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home