Thursday, March 27, 2008

Purim

Last week was C's school's Purim Carnival. We volunteered to help. I helped with the set up and then did what I do best, took pictures. The kids had such a great time and the carnival was so terrific. They had pie eating contests where a chocolate coin (gelt) was buried in whipped cream and they had to find it. That was quite popular. Knocking Haman's hat off a ledge. Dunk Haman - okay it was a doll and you hit the target to dump him in water. Digging in the Negev for treasure. And a few more. Plus the requisite bouncies, face painting and snacks of cotton candy, popcorn and snow cones.

What was terrific was that everyone dressed up, including all the teachers. C's TK class is hooked up with the 5th graders as their "reading buddies". They meet every week and the 5th graders read or help with whatever activity of the day is. C is matched up with a girl, also named C. My C is so enamored of C in 5th grade and she's TEN years old. That's SO cool dontcha know. It's a great role model thing for her and I know she's already looking ahead to be cool when she's in 5th grade to have a TK buddy.

Anyway, the carnival was split by grade levels. They had the TK, K and 1st graders go out for the first hour and then 2-5th grades for the second. The 5th graders hooked up with their TK'ers and helped take them around, play games, and just supervise them during the carnival. It was so stinking cute. The 5th graders did a great job and helping the younger ones play and play the games and hey, that helped the teachers too. I walked over to one of the bouncies and I saw my C chatting away with C telling her some story at a million miles a minute. It was so cute to see her interact and not realize that I was watching her.

Anyway, I snapped this picture of C & C. Very cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home