Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Inspiring

I had to share this on my blog. As many of you know, my BF M is going through breast cancer treatment. She's doing great, had her second chemo today and is so beyond strong in mind, body and spirit, I can't even come up with the proper words to describe it. She's even more amazing than she ever was before.

She posted the following on her blog yesterday and I had share it with you. It's an amazing story she experienced. So while I hope M is ok that I'm lifting this story, I know you'll all agree that this is worth sharing.

Before you say "uh, Mar the ribbon is upside down" let me explain.
Yesterday, I heard a 5-year cancer survivor speak at the Providence Saint Joseph Cancer Survivor Day. I was really taken with what this lady had to say. One day during the course of her treatment she looked closely at the awareness ribbon and came up with something truly inspiring. She now shares this vision with others.
The bottom loop of the ribbon forms a teardrop, honoring those who've paved the way for us. The top forms a "V" for "Victory" as every day more of us are winning the battle against cancer.
Her name is Mary Ann Madden and her campaign is called "Turn the Ribbon 'Round." After hearing her speak I turned the awareness ribbon on the back of my car 'round. I am now waiting for someone to ask me why it is upside down so I can tell them about Mary and her vision.

So if you see anyone with an "upside down" ribbon, be sure to think of them with a big smile. They're surviving and taking life to the next level.

1 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, June 18, 2008, Blogger Suzanne said...

Wow. VERY.COOL.STORY. So glad to hear M is doing well. From what you've written, she's a very strong woman. Thanks for her update. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home