Wednesday, May 21, 2008

American Idol Finale

G directed the finale tonight. I went to the show which is unusual for me. I mean, I work in TV. Why do I want to see a TV taping? But this was different. I guess because I worked on 3 episodes of Idol this year that I felt a little more a part of it. I worked on yesterday's final performance show which was crazy but of course, fun. I even got a nice, warm fuzzy email tonight from one of the cameramen saying what a nice job I did and that I'm an "unsung hero". Since I feel like some people don't take me seriously as an AD, it was really nice that someone out there appreciates the information I'm giving and that it actually is helping. That was such a nice surprise.

But I digress.

G directed tonight's show. I didn't get to see any of the TV show part since I was in the audience but they did show the line cut of a few of the performances and they looked great. I'll have to sit and watch the show in the next few days. Everyone said how great G did and how good it looked. I'm so proud. YAY! Not that there was any doubt but it's still nice to hear.

The show was really good and fun to be at. Like a rock concert. A lot of great music and performances. Very fun!! But most importantly, DAVID COOK WON! Hallelujah! 97.5 million votes picked him the winner with 56% of the tally. I guess when I was voting on two phones, that's what put Cook over the top. When Ryan Seacrest announced "David... Cook", I screamed so loud. You'd think I was at a beloved Billy Joel concert. While I acknowledge that Archie has talent, and I didn't love Cook at the beginning (I was a big Carly follower from the November Hollywood week), he totally won me over the first week I worked on the show which was the Top 8. I'm glad the system works and the right David won. His reaction was fantastic too.

Here are a few photos I took tonight. They're super grainy since I was pretty much at the back of the house. And perhaps I haven't fully figured out my camera yet. But it was fun to be there. It was really loud but really exciting, especially at that final moment. YAY for David Cook!! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Truly, well deserved all around.

David Cook and ZZ Top were incredible! It totally rocked!

Carly's still my favorite.


Final song moments.



David Cook - Our American Idol!

4 Comments:

At 7:01 AM, May 22, 2008, Blogger Suzanne said...

Very exciting, all the way around. Kudos to you and to G, AI wouldn't be what it is without behind the scenes talent. I really didn't care who won last night, but I was super excited also when the announcement was "David... COOK!" Gave me chills, I tell ya! :-D Great job, now enjoy some down time. :-)

 
At 11:41 AM, May 22, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not an American Idol fan (I know, I'm probably the only one) but did put on the show to see G's name at the beginning -- pretty cool! Congrats to both of you! But I was surprised to hear you say that some people do not take you seriously as an AD. What would they be thinking? You are amazing. I've known you a long time and have learned a great deal from you. You wouldn't be hired by so many if you weren't as talented as you are. I'm a big fan. Love ya!

 
At 9:50 PM, May 23, 2008, Blogger April said...

ahhh, how cool! and Carly is TOTALLY my FAVORITE also!!!!

 
At 11:55 PM, May 24, 2008, Blogger M, M and S said...

I have to agree with Risa. If certain directors choose to not call you first or at all it is truly their loss. You are a brilliant AD, you get the big picture, you take it seriously and still manage to make it fun and you have a natural gift with music. A huge CONGRATS to G. He did a fantastic job and I was schepping nachas knowing he was calling the shots on this big night of TV.xoxo M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home