Boy is it hot!
Record temps here in Woodland Hills, CA. I heard it was 103 here today. Lovely. I had a quiet day today. Tried to sleep in a little bit, hung out at home and then went to a flute recital today. My flute choir teacher's private students' recital was today and one of the guys in flute choir (and one of her private students) is graduating high school. We played a quartet at our last flute choir concert so our teacher asked the other 3 of us to play as a "swan song" for G on his final recital. So it was nice to hear students play again, nice solos with piano, duets, trios. It reminded me of my student days and my recitals. G played from the Claude Bolling "Suite for Jazz Flute and Piano Suite 2". My last flute recital I played from "Suite 1". Two of the great flute compositions ever and G played the "Jazzy" movement wonderfully. It was so nice to hear.I came home and C and G were in the pool. My sister and my niece were here too. They were all having a great time in the pool even if the water was a tad chilly. They have such a great time together. Look at these happy girls. They're having a blast!
Heard some sad news today that one of the IT guys on "Big Brother" killed himself. I didn't know him well. I had only dealt with B a few times at the beginning of the season getting my computer and he helped me with a few things that weren't configured correctly. He was always very nice, pleasant and cool with me. I can't imagine what was going on in his life that he could even consider such a thing. Obviously, he had other demons that no one knew about. Apparently, his girlfriend found him and he didn't leave a note. B couldn't have been more than 26. It makes me think "what if I could've helped?" I know realistically, our paths weren't meant to cross that way but it makes me wish that there could've been someone out there to be a better friend so that this could've been prevented. I know he had a lot of friends so obviously it was so much bigger. Still, it's a very sad thing. RIP B. You really will be missed.





1 Comments:
Wow, 103 is CRAZY hot for so early in the season! Cute pool pics! :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home