Summer Camp
Big day yesterday. C went to her first day of summer day camp. We took a tour of the camp back in December and signed her up and she's been excited to go ever since. And it finally came yesterday. She went on a school bus for the first time, which she was so excited about. Luckily, one of her teachers at school is in charge of the 5 year old group AND happens to be the bus driver for our route. So lots of comfort there. We got to the bus and C just climbed right in and was like "Bye Mom, Bye Dad". She was ready to go.With counselor Rhiannan who's writing down which bus number she's on.
Off to camp we go...
Dissolve to 4PM and the bus pulls up. C hopped right off with a smile. She says she had a great day. She didn't remember the names of her counselors but she did buy a bagel for her morning snack, which probably filled her up since she took like 1 bite of her lunch. They went swimming, rode the go-karts and played games. She doesn't remember the names of the other kids in her Cubs group but she knows most of them since 7 of the kids are from her class. I actually wish they broke them up a little bit so she'd meet new kids but they're going different days so on those other days, she'll know other kids. She had a great time and that's all that matters. At least she's looking forward to going back tomorrow and that's a good thing.





6 Comments:
I am so proud of that little miss.
Way to go!
:)
always a big step for moms and dads! glad she had a good time!
Aww, what a cutie patootie! Glad she had a good time! :-)
Cute! and now... I totally wish I could go to camp, too.
oh YAY!! she looks like she's so excited in that pix. I love it!! :)
dude...I think Tashia's sister's sister is working at the camp this summer! And I want to say in charge of the 5 year olds! her name is Ronnie! so happy she had a great day!
Post a Comment
<< Home