Sunday, July 13, 2008

Santa Barbara Zoo

So today we went on a field trip with Aunt A and cousin E. We went to the Santa Barbara Zoo which was E's first zoo experience. For those who have never been, it's a beautiful, small zoo. Totally do-able in 2-3 hours (aka perfect for little ones) and it's right across the street from the beach. Not a bad view if you're a lion or a giraffe. It was a gorgeous day, perfect weather and not hot and not crowded. I'm sure Alli has some great photos on her camera so we'll have to check out her blog for the highlights but here are some of ours.

Thanks to "Go Diego Go", C is always fascinated by the Scarlet Macaws that are right at the entrance.


Checking out the elephants.

And how cute is Miss E, holding her beloved Orso stuffed dog.


The obligatory turtles humping. "Mommy, why is that turtle on top of that other one??"



And perhaps the coolest picture of the day. The lion sleeping *right* at the glass. Everyone was amazed to be so close. It was amazing.


Look how close we were.

On the other topic of The Boo-Boo's, as C has dubbed them. (better than Boobies I suppose). Went to the doctor on Thursday and all is well. They're swimming and very active. I actually have to work on gaining weight. With twins they want me to gain 20-25 pounds in the first 20-24 weeks. By the second half, the babes are bigger so there's less room in my stomach for food. I've only gained about 8 so far. It's not for lack of trying but I've got some work to do. Gee, too bad. I guess I'll just *have* to drink milkshakes and eat some ice cream. Yeah, I'll also be better with protein shakes but I've got to get cracking. I've got about 15 pounds to gain in the next 10 weeks or so. Lovely. Other than that, all is well and I go back in a month.

Off to watch the premiere of "Big Brother 10".

5 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, July 14, 2008, Blogger Suzanne said...

Great photos! LOL about the turtles. :-D

 
At 3:38 PM, July 14, 2008, Blogger Melissa :) said...

I love that zoo. I have never seen the lion that close. Glad those babies are having fun while there is room.

 
At 9:05 AM, July 15, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh what perfection!! cutie babies growing and a mandate to eat fattening foods!!! YIPPEE!!!!!

 
At 3:14 PM, July 15, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the turtles actually aren't humping but kids love to think that! i have two in my classroom so you know i get flooded with this question the first week of school!!!! it is a way of showing dominance over the other. love that she asked though! makes me laugh! love the new widget of the booboos too!!! so great!

 
At 10:06 AM, July 21, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Juls...Jenn here, Yez's friend. CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you and your family for your double joy! YEAHHH!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home