Tuesday, July 01, 2008

What does this picture mean to you?


Well, let me tell you. We’re pregnant… and we’re pregnant with twins. For those of you that know us, we’ve been trying for several years. We’ve gone through several fertility treatments and this one finally took. And boy did it take. I’m coming out of my first trimester in my 12th week. I’m feeling overall really good. A little tired and pretty much hungry a lot. And unlike when I was preggo with C, it’s not like “Oh, I’m feeling hungry, I should eat something soon.” This time, I’m hungry, I’m hungry NOW. I haven’t yet gained a lot of weight, thank goodness but my body shape has definitely shifted so I’ve made the move into maternity clothes. Way more comfortable and less binding on my belly. My 40-week due date is January 9 but with twins it’s 2-3 weeks earlier so we’re going with December 20ish as the due date. Right around Hanukkah which is a good concept for C to grasp.

I’m sure you’re all wondering how C reacted to finding out she was going to be a big sister. We waited until I officially graduated from fertility doctor land and for G to come home from NY. We videotaped her response so that we could always remember it. Luckily, she has several friends in school who have baby brothers. Two had brothers last October and another has twin brothers who are now almost a year. So she gets the concept of babies and being a big sister. We told her that we know she likes being a “big sister” to C (baby brother #4 of the group) and how would she like it if she were a real big sister. She was very excited and that thought. In fact, she said to G (which she had said to me in the past) that “actually, she wants two babies.” Well kid, funny that you say that because Mommy is going to have two babies. It was all really cool and then she said she wanted to play with the video camera. Okay, so yeah she heard us but did it really sink in.

Well, the next morning at school dropoff, I barely get the car in park when she tells S, her teacher who greets the kids, “My Mommy has TWO (holding two fingers right up to her face) babies in her belly!!” S looked at me with big eyes. “Yup, guess what we told C last night.” We had just had a class event the night before and only a few moms knew so it was a big surprise. And then, of course, proceeded to tell everyone who would listen that she’s going to be a big sister. The cool one was, at our parent-teacher evaluation, her Hebrew teacher told us that C told her in Hebrew “Ema, Sh’teyeem Ti’nok”. Mom, two babies. That was quite impressive and C told her in Hebrew because she says that her teacher doesn’t speak English, or so they think. C always wants to kiss my belly and say hi to the “Boo-Boo’s” as she calls them. She says she loves them and gives them hugs. It’s very cute. Hopefully she’ll feel the same when they’re crying at 3AM. Perhaps, she’ll finally learn to roll over and sleep through the night. What a concept.

For those that want to know the sexes of Thing 1 and Thing 2, you’ll just have to wait until they officially arrive to find out, just like us. We don’t want to know. We didn’t know about C and it’s one of the few surprises left in this world and we want to be surprised. We’ll do whatever tests the doctors determine so that we know that they’re perfectly healthy, that’s all we’re concerned about. From these photos, we know that they’re right where they’re supposed to be for 12-13 weeks and they’re swimming in there beautifully.

So that’s pretty much the news for now. Perhaps that’s why I’ve been neglectful of the blog lately. I’ve been tired and while I’ve obviously had plenty to say, I didn’t want to say much until we were over some big humps. At least now, I’ll have something to talk about and update more often. Stay tuned.

11 Comments:

At 1:59 AM, July 02, 2008, Blogger Megan R said...

Oh...My...God!!!!

That is HUGE!!! AND freakin awesome!!!!!

I'm so happy for you Juls!!!! I seriously am so excited, wow, twins!!

 
At 5:04 AM, July 02, 2008, Blogger Suzanne said...

Congrats to you and the family! :-) C will love Thing 1 and Thing 2 until such time they are old enough to get into her things. LOL I hope you're able to rest, and eat, a lot. Thanks for the cool pics and the cool update! :-)

 
At 10:33 AM, July 02, 2008, Blogger Terri said...

wow - that's excellent news! and we all need some of that. Very exciting for you guys. Can't wait for you to blog your way through a pregnancy and their growth.

 
At 3:26 PM, July 02, 2008, Blogger M, M and S said...

We are so very excited to be Aunts and Uncles again and AGAIN!!!! Yippeeeeeeeeee! Sending lots of love and great big hugs to you, G, C and Thing 1 and Thing 2. xoxo M, M and S SO happy that you blogged about this. Can't wait to read future postings.

 
At 2:05 PM, July 03, 2008, Blogger jeans said...

Hurray! Congratulations! C is going to make a wonderful big sister.

 
At 3:14 PM, July 03, 2008, Blogger Lisa Spiegel said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!

 
At 4:08 PM, July 03, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

Remember, I want to be the first one to baby sit, but you have to be there OK. The thought of you having twins is just so wonderful. I am so excited for you my friend. I can't say that enough!

bucket

 
At 4:36 PM, July 03, 2008, Blogger Sunshine said...

I was so excited to get your email, this is the most fabulous news EVAH!

Of course, if they're girls, you must name them Sonia and Lisa for your Iowa pals, right?

 
At 7:25 PM, July 03, 2008, Blogger Irene Palma said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome.

 
At 11:40 PM, July 05, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Juls I am so over the moon excited for you. You and G deserve this and C is going to be such a great big sister!!!

*Im charging up the camera batteries!*

 
At 4:24 AM, July 11, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, so happy and excited for you Juls! Sonia and I would love to come help babysit!! :)

Lisa A.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home