Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Two things


Have I mentioned lately my love for the Caramel Frappaccino? I'm not much of a coffee drinker (except egg-nog latte time) so I drink Frappaccino's. Sweet, caramel-y, yummy. Not good on the hips but it generally takes me at least an hour to finish one so I figure I space out the calories over a period of time. I'm also a headache and migraine sufferer. With this pregnancy, I've had quite a few headaches and more migraines than I had when I was preggo with C. They've been brutal. Pounding, mostly on one side, taking a lot of Tylenol that doesn't really seem to help, and even a few Vicadin (Tylenol based) which have mostly worked.

A few weeks ago, as I woke up with Day 5 of a headache (the day after I had taken two Vicadin in 24 hours), I, who's trying to avoid what little caffeine might be in a Frap, broke down and bought a Tall Caramel Frappaccino. Within the hour, my headache was gone. Yesterday, after a difficult night trying to sleep with another headache that wouldn't go away, I got another Frap as I was up early for my first production day at "Big Brother". Again, within the hour, my headache was gone. I don't know if it's the caffeine or the large amounts of sugar that's in a Frap, but whatever it is, it's been working better than prescription drugs. I'll have to talk to my doctor about the headaches since they've been particularly brutal, but I'm still just hoping that they'll subside as I get more into my second trimester.

Most of you know that I work "Big Brother". Tonight the houseguests moved in and they drama has already started. You'll have to tune in on Sunday to see what happens. As you may also know, I work on the MDA Jerry Lewis Labor Day Telethon. This year will be my 19th year. Wow! Anyway, one of the regular and favorite performers is Bear, from "Bear in the Big Blue House". For those that follow "Big Brother", each year the house has a different architectural theme. This year it's rooms throughout the ages and all the rooms of the house correspond to a different era. For example, the kitchen this year resembled a 50's diner. The exterior of the house is reminiscent of something out of "The Music Man". It looks beautiful.

So yesterday, we're rehearsing for the move-in and doing our thing and one of our cameramen, who works BB and the Telethon, came up to me and said "I feel like I should be seeing an 8 foot Bear dancing around in front of the house." He was right on the money. The front facade of the house totally reminds of Bear's house in "Bear in the Big Blue House". It was perfect. Here's a photo of the front of house and Bear in front of his house from the Telethon. Pretty close huh? Well, you can see the resemblance anyway.


To see more of the BB house, you'll just have to tune in on Sunday at 8PM to see the new hamsters and the new decor.

2 Comments:

At 6:09 AM, July 09, 2008, Blogger Sunshine said...

With my boys, I was fine. But when I was preg with each of the girls, that is when I started getting brain crushing migraines. My doc let me take Excedrin Migraine (it has caffeine) and drink Coke, the only things that worked to make those migraines go away. Be prepared, though, sometimes you'll get a rebound headache from the caffeine, it sucks.
But, girl, I know where you're at. Not pleasant.

 
At 9:00 AM, July 10, 2008, Blogger M, M and S said...

Sorry to hear about the migraines... glad to hear that at least for the moment a little Frap therapy is doing the trick. LMAO at the pics of the BB House and Bear... too funny.
xM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home