Yeah, yeah yeah, I am alive
I know you people hate me. Those blog stalkers that still acknowledge my existance anyway. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? I am here and have been meaning to do a "real" post for about 2 weeks now but the hours are just getting away from me.We're here in Viva Las Vegas for the MDA Jerry Lewis Telethon. Can you believe that this will be my 19th Telethon? Not sure I can comprehend that either but I've been doing them since 1990. So far, everything is pretty much running as expected. Changes, usual stupidity, hey, even a thunderstorm today. C is here with K and they seem to be getting along great and having fun. They went to The Shark Tank at Mandalay Bay today which C loves. I really need to call her friend M who lives here and schedule at least one playdate. I've gotten through most of my music this year which is pretty good for me. I tend to procrastinate and dork around. And of course, I'm not doing all 20 hours this year so my load is a little lighter. At 20 weeks, it wasn't really the smartest or most advisable for me to be up for 30 hours straight so I'm taking off the overnight to sleep. G directs from midnight to 8AM which bums me that I won't be there to see the terrific job he'll do, but the Boo-Boo's and their mom need their rest.
Jerry Lewis came into the office today and was rather quiet all things considered. C is working on decorating her Tzedakah jar to then give him her savings for the year. I think we're around $33 which is more than last year. She's very excited to see "Jerry Lewlis".
Okay, so the one thing I've been needing to post are some photos. One of C's babysitters offered to flat iron C's hair when she was hanging with C a few weeks ago. So she did and oh my gosh, C's hair, totally straight is down to her tush. It actually looks really pretty (although who knows if I could recreate that for her) but she doesn't look like the same kid.


Update on the Boo-Boo's. We had our 20 week ultrasound last week (at 19 weeks) and it all went swimmingly. We brought with us so she could see them in action. We all saw the heartbeats, hand, foot, profile with the mouth, the doctors was saying "there's the kidney and liver" (as if we know what that looks like in an U/S), the brain, no extra fluids anywhere, etc. He was "thrilled" at all that he could see on both of them at 19 weeks. He didn't expect to see so much so clearly. No, he didn't see any other body parts and we don't want him to look - for those that are wondering. But he said "thrilled" more than once so it's all going great. I'm definitely getting bigger as expected. I feel big but some people say I'm not that big considering I've got 2 in there. I've gained about 18 pounds which is a little under what it probably should be (by like 3-5 pounds - believe me, I'm trying). I might make up a little here in Vegas with 3 meals a day. I think I'm starting to feel movement. It's not like the flutters I felt with C. It's more like specifically located muscle movements. The doctor says they're already about 11 inches long and weigh about .75 pound each. So as they gain some weight, I expect I'll feel those kicks soon enough. I don't have the latest ultrasound pix with me to post but I go back to my OB next week where I know I'll get more.
Oh, and one more thing. A hug to my sister who had one of her doggies go to doggie heaven two days ago. Scruffy was an older dog and a bit ornary, but he lived a good life once A adopted him. Well loved and certainly well fed. Poor little guy. So just wanted to send her some big doggie love when she's feeling a little sad.
That's the update for now. Thanks for hanging in there with me, if you're still there to begin with.





3 Comments:
You're right, it's a totally different kid! What a transformation! Cute either way. Glad you're well, and can't wait to see you in a couple weeks at flute choir...
Ohmygosh! Look at her HAIR!!! It makes her look... all growed up! K, lets not do that again, k? Glad you're feeling well, time is flying by! :-)
Oh my...well..I saw her in person with the hair and my oh my...grown up isn't even the word for it.
and yeah. Hope you're planning on being a better blogger in the near future, I mean, I know you're growing 2 human beings, and all, but we need our little Juls fix!
Post a Comment
<< Home