Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sometimes change isn't good

Okay, one of my favorite things at Starbucks is the fruit and cheese platter. A nice combination of cheese and usually grapes. Gives you the protein and some healthy stuff and it's yummy. Well, I bought one yesterday for my lunch and they've changed it, NOT for the better IMHO. The fruit is teh same (apples and grapes), although more which is probably to distract from the less cheese. There's still a hunk of brie which is nice and a slice of cheddar which is fine. But they got rid of the walnut cranberry whatever-it-was break which worked great with the cheddar. And they changed the pesto jack cheese (which I loved) with swiss that's just not as good. Oh, and since there's none of that bread, we get Carr's water crackers which is impossible to eat with the cheese. I'm not happy. It's just not the same.

My ankles are ridiculously swollen. It's getting uncomfortable. I finally caved and took off my toe rings. I know I didn't have to take them off when I was preggo with C and I've been loosening them and they turn fine so I know it's not like it's cutting off my circulation or anything. But, it just looked awful on my toes, even with the spinning. I can't remember the last time I didn't wear them but I think it's been about 6.5 years.

1 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, November 17, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG ~ I have the EXACT same complain about those lunches...they used to be my FAVORITE lunches and now, they simply aren't the same anymore. I hate those crackers! I miss the good pesto jack cheese and the awesome bread pieces (even though they were small pieces, they were PERFECT.)

Sorry to hear about your ankles. I had the same problem, too, with my pregnancy! That was awful, I had to buy new shoes because I couldn't even fit in my husband's sandals!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home