Friday, March 24, 2006

Random thoughts & a TOOT for me

First of all, where is everyone?? With the exception of Irene, I post these, what I think it adorable, photos of my cutie pie daughter. No comments. Okay, there were a few comments on the Foxy MB but c'mon people, I know you're out there.

music cue: "COMFORTABLY NUMB"

Hello? Hello? Is there anybody out there??

Moving on. Well, I actually WORKED THIS WEEK. Are you sitting down? Yup, a paycheck is in my future. First one for 2006. I'm finishing up the week filling in for my friend Tony at "Dr. Phil". Not a stressful week by any stretch, which was his plan. Everyone is very nice here so if they need anyone in the future, I hope they call me. And the drive this week wasn't horrid either. Good all around.

The flute concert (again, except for Irene and my family, where were the rest of you?? LOL) went really well last night. We played small ensembles - solo, duo, trios, quartets, quintets and one piece with the entire flute choir. We had different combos of all the flutes, piccolo duet, alto quintet, flute quartet, bass trio, etc. you get the idea. We also had piano accompaniment on a few of the pieces and that was really fun for a change. The one flute choir piece was The "William Tell" Overture, which I played the hard 1st flute part on. I have to say, I played that particular piece as well as I was ever going to play it, so that was nice for a change. I did pretty well on the other pieces. A few flubs here and there but that's normal. I think we sounded pretty good overall. I think the concert was a little long for the audience plus all the stage waits to set up the stands and the endless tuning but I think they all enjoyed it which is the important part. I think my personal favorites were the piccolo polka that Irene and Javier played. And the "Stars and Stripes" piccolo parady that Javier played with the piano. What a fun piece. I'll have to get the music for those two next time I go to the flute convention. I still liked the quartet I played with Irene, Javier and Howard. A piece called "Chante" by Catherine McMichael. It was really pretty.

The one nice thing about Carly going to a Jewish pre-school is the songs she's coming home and singing. Last week was Purim so for a week she's been singing about Hamantashen. Last week for Shabbat on Friday, she and I lit the candles and di the Hamotzi (?sp) She sang the entire prayer with me. This morning, she woke up singing "Shalom Havarim". It's really fun to hear her singing these songs.

Tomorrow, I'm going to one of Ginger's all day crops. They're one of my favorite days 3 or 4 times a year. A whole day of scrapping, chatting and getting things done. I'm very excited to have some good quality scrap time. It's been too long for me. Also, since Ginger and I have signed up for CKU, the message board is going nuts with posts on swaps, get togethers, dorms talk, etc. Ging, her friend Tashia and I have all signed up for a Disney LO swap. 3 different 8x8 LO's all Disney themed. Ginger is the Queen of Disney so I figure if we all hang with her, we'll get them all done. The three albums will be Characters, Attractions and Princesses. I first signed up for Princesses but then she convinced me to do the others as well. So theoretically, I'll have 3 complete albums, Disney themes, and just slap the photos on. I know it's always a risk because other people's idea of what's good could be very different from mine. I've heard the horror stories. I've never done one of these before so it might be my first and last. We'll see how it all turns out in June. Anyway, my themes are Belle, It's a Small World and Eeyore.

Caz is coming!!! One of my bestest friends in the world is coming on Sunday. I can't wait. Caz is from Australia and is currently in Dallas for a convention for her company, Mannatech. She came last year with Chapin but since Chapin is no longer with the company, she's on her own this year. We're really looking forward to some time just the two of us since we didn't get to do that least year when she came. We're hoping to go to Disneyland on Monday (pick up some stuff for the Disney LO's mentioned above??), we're going to the dress rehearsal of "American Idol" on Tuesday. Then hopefully, we'll go to Palm Springs overnight. Just a change of scenery. Maybe we'll do the tram thing, shop at the awesome Cabazon outlets and of course, stop at Collective Journey in Redlands. I'm just looking forward to spending time with her, even though I have to work on Thursday and Friday.

Monday is Gregg's blessed day of birth. Gotta make dinner plans for when he comes home from work.

And now for my TOOT!! I got an email today from Cantata Books. They want to publish a LO I sent them called "Looks Like Mom". They're the folks that published my other LO, not that I've seen the book yet (supposed to come out in May) but they're really nice, very efficient so I'm really excited that they liked my work again. I know people that have been published by them before and it's supposed to be beautiful. Great quality and great artwork. I've got to order the first book from Amazon. Anyway, Woo-Hoo! for me!! I'm very excited. Here's the LO for your viewing pleasure.



Have a great weekend one and all!

3 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, March 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww..someone is out here...but only because I'M NOT AT THE CROP! (pout) . Carly is adorable, you totally deserve the toot and I'm jealous you are going to CKU and I'm not. Nuf said. Back to my quiet oblivion where I have nothing worthwhile to even post on my own blog.
Lisa

 
At 10:32 PM, April 02, 2006, Blogger Irete's Retreat said...

I forgot to ask you how Caz liked American Idol? I thought, just for the record, ALLLLL of last week's performances SUCKED!!!
Second... congrats on getting your LO posted! I know those are important to you!! See, I told you you did great work!!! Love the one that got posted too... I'll never forget that day we saw those two pix together for the first time...

 
At 11:56 AM, April 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a cutie patootie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home