Long time, no blog
Well, here we are in Baltimore for another Miss USA Pageant. It was a year ago, here in Baltimore, sitting in editing (clearly bored) that I started this blog. It took a few months to get into the swing of this blog-thing but I'm doing my best to keep things updated.Well, last Sunday was a big day for Miss Carly. She had her ballet recital in the morning. How cute is it to see a bunch of 3 year old dancing? Okay, so she won't be following in the footsteps of my NY professional dancer family members but it was still entertaining for all who were gathered. When one of the other classes was performing, they asked if anyone wanted to come up and perform with them. Guess who was the first one to run up there? Never would've expected that. Here's a few shots of our Prima Ballerina.


Nice belly with the skirt hanging below.
Last Sunday was also her birthday party at My Gym. Wow, what a great time. 16 3-4 year olds running around for 2+ hours. It doesn't get better than that. Everyone who said they were going to come showed up which was great. They all seemed to have a great time which is most important. Carly had a fantastic time. She totally responded to Coach Ian and Coach Diane every time they asked her something special about her birthday. She definitely liked the attention.


Carly also got a ton of presents which she seemed to like all of them. Presents are always good. She got her first camera. Carly loves to take pictures so Aunt Alli bought her a camera.

On another note which I haven't been able to document yet, I also got a new camera. A Nikon D70 digital SLR. It's really cool even if I haven't a clue how to use it properly yet. That'll take awhile for me to get the hang of it. But after seeing countless photos that my friend Araxi has taken and each one has made me go "WOW", I went for the same one that she has. Plus, I have a Nikon film SLR so at least the lenses will be interchangeable. Anyway, here's one great shot I took of Carly on the swing that I never would've gotten with my little point and shoot Sony. I love this picture.

And me and Carly taking pictures of each other with my new camera.


She's getting to be quite the photographer. Stay tuned for postings from our future Ansel Adams.





4 Comments:
Jules first of all Carly is ADORABLE! I love the picture of her on the swing that is fantastic!!!! Congrats to my fellow Nikonian on your purchase!! Excellent choice!! I cant wait to see more
Hey Jules! I finally got around to checking your blog. I'm just getting caught up. Love the pictures of Carly! She's an awesome little photographer. You'll have to tell me more about your new camera. I'm debating on getting a new SLR. I have my heart set on the Nikon D200 but I could settle for the D70 too. Hehe! Can't wait for CKU. Did you do the secret sister thing again? I am. Anyhow, I'll send you email soon.
WOW she is just adorable...that hair is so precious. It looks like you have quite a little photographer on your hands. I have a 4 year old nephew who is obsessed with my brothers D70. He told my SIL that her camera (a point and shoot) is not good enough and he only wanted to take pictures with Daddy's camera. It's funny what they will pick up on so early.
Aww those ballet photos are just adorable! And I love the idea of giving her her own camera! She is as you say not too shabby at all!!!
Dad has a nikon D100 which I like to "borrow" when I need to. I think Nikons are great!! I bet you have fun with yours. I just have to remind myself to take photos!!
Post a Comment
<< Home