Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Busy busy week

Fighting day 2 of a migraine. Now that's fun stuff. Procrastinating at the moment, but I've got to finish up pulling papers for my scrappin' Apples weekend getaway. Woo-Hoo! I did about half last night so I want to finish up the rest tonight (if I get my sorry butt off the computer) Then I can pack all the considerable amount of supplies up tomorrow. I've got my flute concert on Thursday night (shameless plug. 8PM All Mozart concert celebrating his 250th birthday - Culver City Adult School 4501 Elenda Street Culver City) so that kills that time for organizing. And then I leave on Friday morning for 48 hours of scrapping! YAY! Oh, and had to go buy a new trimmer today since I stepped on my now old one and broke the swing out arm. DOH!

Still working on my CKU stuff but that's going on the back burner at this point until I get back into town on Sunday. Not enough hours in the day. Worked like a little crazy banshee to get the end of school year teacher's gifts and kids gifts ready. We got gift cards for the two main teachers and then, thanks to the idea in Scrapbook Answers, I made three of the teachers a little thank you on a candle. Candle, print on vellum, cover in wax paper, attach with heat gun. Came out really cute. I also did a candle and some coasters (thanks Lisa) for my CKU Secret Sister. Glad she's enjoying my stuff because I've heard squat from the girl giving to me. Don't even care if I meet her at this point. It's disappointing only because I'm still friends with both girls from last year's CKU.

Update on my friends that I mentioned in earlier posts. Paula's little boy is doing fantastic although she hasn't even had eaten any of her Dream Dinners yet. LOL. J is crawlng around and doing well. The swelling in his head looks like it's almost gone and the scar will be invisible in no time. Man oh man, kids are resilient. Elizabeth has had a rougher time. Two surgeries later, her thyroid was removed and it was malignant. I know she's home resting (or trying to rest) and she'll do some therapy in about 3 months but it's all so scary. I haven't spoken to her yet but left a ton of messages. I know she's doing well all things considered but still, alot to deal with. She needs some good, positive thoughts.

My sister's baby shower was on Sunday. It was very nice. Great food from Oliva (yummy yummy), good friends and more importantly, Alli got good pressies. She's pretty well set which is good. Considering she didn't want a shower (obviously a battle she lost), I think she's happy that she got most everything that she wanted and needed. The best part was the chocolate fountain for dessert (thank you Kari). Speaking of yummy decadence. Oh my! Bananas, strawberries, cantelope, marshmallows, pound cake all dipped fresh into the flowing fountain of fun. Of course, the person who had the most fun seemed to be Carly. After everyone left, she managed to dip another marshmallow in the chocolate soup and pretty soon, she was dipping her hands and playing with the gooey mess. Did I stop her? I'm a scrapbooker people. Of course not! I started snapping pictures, as did Uncle David.




That's my chocolate girl.

Gregg came home FINALLY yesterday after 2+ weeks in NY working on the Tony Awards. Hallelujah. It was a long time for him to be gone. We're all very happy to have him home. YAY!

3 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, June 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cutie!!! :)

 
At 8:09 AM, June 14, 2006, Blogger Missy said...

LOL...great pictures of C. Good luck with your flute concert...I wish I was down there to hear it as I love the flute. Can't wati to see you....just 1 more week.

 
At 9:29 AM, June 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your little one is GORGEOUS! And those pictures are fantastic! And yes, I absolutely LOVED that candle and the coasters! What fabulous ideas! This week was also crazy for me finishing albums for my daughter's teachers. One of them (her first grade teacher) retired last weekend so I made her a big 12 x 12 size album. Then for her current third grade teachers (her regular one and the writing teacher) I made them each a smaller size album (12 x 6). End of school year is usually *busy* for me too! Glad to hear your sister's shower finally happened and that it turned out great. Only six more days....Woo hoo!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home