Friday, June 16, 2006

Now Serving...

Why does it feel like they've just called number 24 and I've got 79 in my hand? They'll never get to my number.

Let me give a warm blog-o-sphere welcome to my CKU secret sister Maria. I've finally revealed myself to her (so to speak) and given her the link to my little slice of blogdom. I hope you find this mildly entertaining and you can finally see my picture. I look forward to meeting you in person next week. Woo-Hoo! Only 6 more days until I leave for San Jose and CKU Albums! I suppose I should do some of my homework so that I can complete that promised album.

I'm off to Apples tomorrow. Another weekend of scrapping. YAY! I'm very excited. It's been a long time since I've done real scrapping for myself. I've pulled over 40 LO's worth of photos and papers. Of course, it's the rest of the scrap crap that's hard to pare down. I just hope I can get all my "must needed" supplies into the car with me, Kari and her sister. Oh, there's people too that have to fit in the car? Uh-oh, I might be in trouble.

Our flute choir concert was tonight. A celebration of Mozart's 250th Birthday. I actually was pleased with how I played for a change. Usually, I have mistakes (we all do) but overall I was happy with my performance. I guess practicing helps after all. I was really happy with how I played "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik". The music was poorly handwritten making it hard to read, then there were embellishments and tricky parts that I really tried to work on. But I pulled it off to the best of my ability. Even Patty said that Irene, Kileen and I played well together on the Flute 1 part (which we did). That made me happy because I don't always get to play Flute 1 and have it be a good, hard challenging part. Here are a few photos that Gregg took of me tonight. I like how they turned out.


And how cool are these dishes??? I saw them when I was looking through the "Big Brother 7" house last week at work. BTW, the house looks freaking awesome this year. I'll try to get some pics in the house when I go back in 2 weeks. Last year, Scott, Marie and I went through the house the night before they moved in and took a bunch of shots. Hopefully, we'll be able to do taht again this year. It's all-stars this summer doncha know. Be sure to watch on CBS on Wednesday the 21st and then vote for your favorites to maybe go back in the house. It's going to be a fun summer. Anywho, aren't these plates pretty? I was drooling over them and one of the executive producers told me that they weren't expensive because nothing is in the house (budget wise and who needs these people trashing good stuff?) Then one of the prop guys told me Bed and Bath. I ran out and bought 8 of the dessert/salad plates, a serving bowl and rectangle serving platter. I think they're so cool. Had to share.

Have a great weekend everyone! I'll post on Sunday how much I actually accomplished scrapwise this weekend. Wish me luck!

4 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, June 16, 2006, Blogger Missy said...

Congrats on you concert...yes, I'm sure the practice helped. Hehehe.

OMG, I love those dishes. I just finished writing an article on how popular paisley is in scrapbooking. I wish I had seen those plates earlier...so cool. I have to have those!!!

 
At 9:23 AM, June 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, wow, wow!!!! SO nice to "meet" you in blogland...and so looking forward to meeting you next week at CKU. I really am the LUCKIEST person to have gotten such a cool and fantastic secret sister!!!!! THANKS YOU SOOOOOO MUCH! I've been spoiled to pieces!!! I just got to see your latest package this morning on my way out the door for work (I'll post pictures tonight when I get back home). You have done so many wonderful things...really I'm so spoiled!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
I love the pictures you posted of you playing the flute. Congratulations on such a great performance...I wish I could have been in the audience! I love Mozart!
And I love those dishes too!!!

 
At 9:00 AM, June 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh have fun on your weekend!

You look awesome in action, BTW

the dishes are so cool.

 
At 7:07 PM, June 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The photos came out great! You're such a pro.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home