Are you sitting down???
We (me, Gregg, Carly, Debbie and Susan) went to dinner last night figuring it was probably our last night to actually get out of the hotel for a real meal. We went to the yummy Burger Bar at Mandalay. 5 or 6 different kinds of beef and about a hundred toppings for you to mix and match. Everything from guacamole to foix gras to lobster to a fried egg. I got the Kobe Beef burger with mozzarella cheese and guac. It was incredible. The beef practically melted in my mouth and I wasn't even stuffed when I finished the whole thing. It must be the less fat content from your normal burger but oh my it was incredible. Worth every penny.Anyway, for Carly they had the choice of grilled cheese or a burger. She chose the burger. We figured with the ketchup and mustard, she'd just kind of eat the bread but much to our surprise, she took about 6 bites of the burger. Shocking, I know!! My child who doesn't eat meat took bites of the actual burger. Thank goodness we were there to witness it. I wouldn't have believed it.
Here are a couple of shots, a little blurry since she was sitting right next to me and no flash, but proof that actual meat went into her system.


Other than the big burger news, the Telethon is going, well, pretty much as normal with 5 days to go. JL has been in the office. He's feeling pretty good it seems so hopefully his energy will be good starting on Sunday night. I'm just hoping that I can get through all my performance stuff by the time I leave for LA tomorrow night. I'm in pretty good shape but I've got a lot to do today. Maybe I should get off the computer.
Okay, I'll get to work after I go to the coffee place to get a caffeine push to maybe help get rid of this headache. It could be a long noisy day here at the Telethon. Help Jerry's Kids, fill the boot (if you pass a firefighter), do what you feel is right for you. Oh, and tune in in the 8AM hour west coast time (7AM east coast time) to see Carly and Bear on TV.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home