*FINALLY* I'M AN AUNT
After 27 hours of pushing (yes, that's a correct number), my sister finally had enough. Can you blame her? At about 4AM this morning, she told her DH and the midwife that she had enough and that she wanted to go to the hospital. The midwife gave in but was still determined to birth this kid so Alli attempted another 2 hours of pushing to get the kid out. By 7:30A, David called my parents saying that they were at the hospital and that Alli was going to have a c-section. After so many hours of futile pushing, it was time to get that kid out. She did all that she could and Alli was exhausted. So at 9:44AM this morning, my NIECE made her debut into this world.Here are her vital stats:
Ever Ticey (not publishing the last name)
born 7/30/06
6 pounds 15 ounces
18 3/4 inches.
We finally got to see Alli around noon. As insane as it was for Alli and David, my parents were going crazy with the lack of updates. That was really hard. We kept getting phone calls that "any minute now" the baby would be born and 4 hours later nothing. This went on 36+ hours. Maddening. Anyway, Alli's doing great although sore and tired. David's a little punchy too. Ever is doing great. She's adorable and sleeping the whole time we were all in the room. We saw her in the nursery window and she was kicking, active, crying when poked by the nurses. Right on track. When we left around 3PM Alli was going to try the first feeding. I hope it went well and I assume everyone is now sleeping. I'll go for another visit tomorrow.
Between David and his cameras (he's a TV cameraman after all), me with mine and then taking photos on Alli's camera, this kid already has had 500 pictures taken of her. Personally, I took 135! Yes, I'm a proud aunt. (imagine how many pictures I have of Carly on my computer and external harddrive). That being said, the one sound this kid will learn to ignore is the sound of a camera shutter going off on her face.
Carly is VERY excited to have a girl cousin too. She'll see her in a few days when she comes home from the hospital.
So here are 4 photos of my perfect niece. Is she gorgeous or what??

First family photo. Alli took our first one as well.

Hi Uncle Gregg!

Yes, I'm a very proud Auntie.





1 Comments:
Congratulations to a VERY proud auntie! Alli is just TOO CUTE!
Post a Comment
<< Home