Viva Las Vegas
Well, here we are in Viva Las Vegas. When we last left our blog, we were on our way to Palm Springs for the Miss Teen USA Pageant. At least that was a nice, normal easy going pageant. The lovely Miss Teen Montana won the title for those who really care (anyone? anyone?). Then 3 days of Big Brother. 2 days off to pack and now we're in Vegas. Of course, I'll be leaving for the airport in about an hour to fly home for 22 hours so I can do BB tomorrow. Who will be leaving the All-Star house? Will it be James or George? If I could put money down here in Vegas, I would put my money on James going bye bye.Anyway, on Tuesday early AM, we did a shoot for the opening of the Telethon. We shut down Las Vegas Blvd. right in front of Caesar's Palace and Barbary Coast and shot Jerry Lewis conducting the Las Vegas Philharmonic performing Leonard Bernstein's "Overture to Candide". It's the first time the city has ever shut down LV Blvd. for a shoot. It was really cool. We closed it down at 2AM and we wrapped at about 4:30A. It was still about 95 degrees at that time so it was warm.
Here's a shot of my Dad (the Telethon Producer) talking to the orchestra. Sorry I couldn't get a shot of Jerry Lewis. I was actually working at that moment.

When we drove back to the hotel, they were doing some power testing crossing over to their new generators. So as we were driving up, we saw the lights of the entire hotel shut off like a light switch. At 5AM, it was a really eerie sight. We took a photo and even though it's a little blurry, you get the idea. When will you see an (almost) entirely dark Vegas hotel. Okay, they're doing the test 2 more times this week but I won't be up at 5AM to photograph is.

And another little lame thing I had to share. At the bar, they have these changing color coasters that make your drinks look really cool. Again, another thing to entertain me at 5AM coming back from the shoot. (I didn't have a drink - thus the water bottle - but a few people were at the bar when we walked in)







2 Comments:
I want a coaster... those are COOL!!!
that hotel photo is WIERDO. Esp, in vegas....
don't work too hard!!
Cool pix! yeah yeah, shut down LV Blvd, but COOOL water bottles!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home