Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Japan was robbed

Miss Japan that is. Yeah, sure Puerto Rico had an amazing dress but Japan was SO much prettier, had a personality and just wow'd the audience. By the end of the pageant, they were cheering for her more than they cheered for Mexico. Everyone in the truck was annoyed too. THEN, the new Miss Universe faints during all the post show photos and press? She probably hadn't eaten more than an ice chip all day. I was speaking with one of the choreographers after the show and I asked her if she was pleased with the winner. She said that PR is self-absorbed, never paid attention and was really high maintenance. The girl is only 18 years old. The MUO will probably have their hands full with this one this year. I still say Japan should've won.

Other than that, still recovering. I'm still tired. The show was stupid beyond belief in terms of getting the information. There are things I can't publish in terms of how the show is actually run but suffice it to say that at one point, those of us in editing were working with a "Top 53" in terms of personal videos. It was insane but it's now over so all is good. Two weeks from now? Palm Springs and a bunch of perky teen contestants.

I'd appreciate a few positive prayers and positive thoughts from those loyal readers of my little corner of blogdom. My friend Elizabeth is recovering from Thyroid cancer and is currently taking her iodine treatment which means she's in isolation for 6 days. Carly and I put together a huge care package of magazines and chocolate products to keep her happy but she has to spend that many days away from her family and small kids. I know she'll be fine and probably more bored than anything but still good thoughts for a proper recovery are always appreciated.

And my friend Rick, (co-worker who I've know for I can't remember how long) fell off a skateboard yesterday and was found by a passerby unconscious. No one knows for how long. He cracked his head open, was taken to the hospital where after wigging out on medical staff and not recognizing hie wife, the put him in a drug induced coma. Then this afternoon, they couldn't find the source of the bleeding so he went in for surgery around noon. He came through the surgery, and tomorrow they'll do some CAT scans to see what's going on. He's still in a drug induced coma. Needless to say, we're all hoping for a complete recovery. We'll find out more tomorrow. Ricky's around 50, has grown up kids (20's at least) and he's a great guy. This is just shocking and sent everyone in our circle in a complete tiz today. So he's been on our minds today and any little extra prayers, even though a stranger I realize, would be appreciated. Stuff like this shouldn't happen to anyone much less people we know.

Oh, and for those inquiring minds out there. I'm not an aunt or an uncle yet. My sister *still* hasn't dilated much less had the kid. She's dying with this atrocious heat. She's swollen like an oompa loompa (sorry Al) and pretty much, that thing on the turkey that pops when it's cooked, has pretty much popped up. Alli's thinking one more week on August 1st. I'll let you all know. Might be time to start ordering that salad from Bistro Gardens.

4 Comments:

At 12:05 AM, July 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending prayers for your friends' prompt recoveries! So sad what's going on. It's good to "see" you back. I had imagined you were swamped at work, too bad the event wasn't as good as it could have been. But oh well, like you said, at least it's over so it's all good. Hope your sister makes you an auntie soon! Hugs and prayers.

 
At 7:54 AM, July 26, 2006, Blogger Missy said...

How terrible about your friends accident and your other friends isolation. I will keep both of them in my thoughts Juls.

I only caught a few minutes of the Miss U show when they were down to the top 10. I so agree with you about Miss Japan...she was just beautiful.

 
At 3:13 PM, July 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. I'm SO sorry about both of your friends and I'm sending them positive energy.

2. Asian girls are the most beautiful girls in the world (but I'm a little biased.)

 
At 10:52 PM, July 26, 2006, Blogger jeans said...

Hey there juls! Hope both your friends recover real fast soon!

As for Miss Universe, I have to agree. I only watched the end of it and had a feeling the last two would be Miss Japan and Miss PR for some reason. I was hoping for Japan cuz she's an Asian chick. Hey, we gotta root for our Asian sisters when we can! Anyhow, next day there was a picture of Miss PR on Yahoo and she looked freaky! It was a really bad shot of her and I couldn't believe they posted it. She really looked like an alien and I thought, what were these judges thinking?!?!?

Sending baby thoughts so you can be an Auntie soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home