Thursday, July 27, 2006

Do a kind deed

Since many of you have been so kind in offering prayers and good thoughts to my friend Rick. He came through his surgery and while the extent of any possible damage is unknown, he was sitting up yesterday so that was a good sign. I just got this email with the latest update and while you don't know Rick, there's a very kind thought from his wife Debbie. We should remember this occasionally and do a random act of kindness. You never know when it will come back to help you.

Although there are many unanswered questions regarding Rick's skateboarding accident, a Park Ranger from El Dorado Park where the accident occurred called Debbie to check on Rick last night. The Park Ranger explained to Debbie that a motorist driving on the freeway adjacent to the Park observed Rick walking aimlessly and bleeding from the head in a remote area of the Park. The motorist exited the freeway, drove through the Park and called 911. When the Paramedics arrived they were able to find Debbie's phone number in Rick's cellular phone by looking up Home in the contacts. Rick continues to progress as his Brain's swelling decreases. To quote Debbie "buy a homeless person a hamburger" it was this random act of concern by a motorist on the freeway which may be credited for saving Rick's life. For those asking what they can do to help, Debbie's reply was tell them to "do a good deed and help someone out, a random act of kindness."

3 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, July 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so absolutely the nicest thing she can ask for. I will in fact, do something nice for someone today, honoring her request. And I would like to mail her a card also (yes, even though I don't know her personally, but her story and your words have really gotten to my heart)...please let me know where I could send it to. Sometimes, just a card can let others know people care. I truly think that God can talk to us through unkown messengers. Hope your friend's husband recovers soon.

 
At 8:12 AM, July 28, 2006, Blogger Missy said...

Wow, your friend sounds like an amazing woman. How grateful she must be for the kind act of a stranger. I hope Rick continues his recovery and I will keep them all in my thoughts and WILL do something nice for someone today.

 
At 9:12 AM, July 29, 2006, Blogger WebAdmin said...

Julie, wow. This story has really made me think about the world and how I treat people (strangers). Just a wonderful thing that person did. I've been thinking about your friend Rick since I read this and I hope he recovers - perfectly - soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home