And you are...
Remember when I mentioned that G and I were both essentially out of town, away from home, leaving C for the first time? Well, I called home to check with my parents to see how she was doing. I asked my Mom to ask C if she wanted to talk to me. I heard a resounding "YEAH" in the background. C got on the phone and said "Hi Mommy". By the time I asked her a question, she was off and running. I explained to my Mom how to turn on the speaker phone so that I could talk again. So Mom asked C if she wanted to talk to Mommy again and her response was "I already did". I guess she's not missing her Mommy and Daddy quite yet.At least she went to school today.





2 Comments:
When we travelled a bunch when the boys were little, they never missed us. Never cried as we walked out the door with our suitcases.
And, sadly, didn't seem to notice or care much when we got back.
Yep....totally lacking in abandonment trauma at my house - they were too happy to see us go!
The funny thing is, every time we had to do something like this, we'd come home to a huge milestone - potty trained, sleeping by themselves, etc... Sometimes, a break from routine works good things, eh? I'm glad she felt better enough to go to school today.
Post a Comment
<< Home