Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Pizza is the new Mac

My child, who doesn't eat much meat, is only a bit on the obsessive side. We went through the phase of every meal being "Mac and Chooze" as she called it. Now, it's cheese pizza. Okay, for anyone that knows me, knows that I love pizza. I know my mother will testify that I ate quite a bit of (somewhat) bad frozen pizza while growing up, especially in high school. At least we know that C is my child. Still wish she'd figure out how to eat "real" food like the rest of us but with the occasional hamburger, chicken nugget and corn dog, I can't really get too worked up about it. If she's not bored, why should I be?

Speaking of one track minds, my "slightly" stubborn Aries child is also obsessed with the color blue, with slight acknowledgement to the color yellow. Is it because of Cinderella? Probably. And because of this focus, all things in life must be of the blue persuasion. Since we're also in the midst of wearing only long, twirly dresses (think any/all Princesses and their respective balls), all wardrobe must be blue. We now have quite the collection of blue, spinning dresses. Considering most dresses out there are in the pink family, this is quite a feat. We have the daily wardrobe wars to wear this or that blue dress. The sleeveless blue and yellow dress is really the pinnacle of it all but It's hard to tell her it's November and almost winter when it's 80 degrees outside. But we somehow work out the "why don't you wear this blue dress/skirt/flowery thing" and still manage to get to school on time. Thank goodness for Naartjie. LOVE that store.

And while we're on the subject of blue and yellow (it'll all be explained if she goes to UCLA or Michigan right?). G and C were driving today and drove past Best Buy. Apparently, Miss C wanted to stop and go to the "blue and yellow" store. When the answer was no, she went nuts and that continued until they got home. The tantrum really isn't the point. The fact that she wants to go to the store because the sign is BLUE and YELLOW is just wacky. I have to say, I've had the same request to go to the same store for the same reasons too. Oh, and so far, she's gotten the same response from me too.

One more thing, so I don't forget these 3.5 year old moments. C's closest friends are all in the all things Disney Princess mode of their lives. As we all know Cinderelly is the personal favorite followed closely by Belle, Beauty (yes Beauty is her name, not Aurora or Briar Rose) and Ariel. We watch the Princess Sing Along DVD. We listen to the CD in the car and I have to play the tracks in the order of the DVD. FYI, start with track 11 and Cinderella singing "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes". But the cool thing is she's learning all the lyrics and singing to all the songs. She hasn't been this enthused to sing a specific song since "Popular". So I have to share C's version of some of the lyrics to "A Whole New World" from "Aladdin".

correct lyrics:
I CAN SHOW YOU THE WORLD
SHINING, SHIMMERING, SPLENDID

C'S version:
I CAN SHOW YOU THE WORLD
SHINING SHIVERING SLENDID


correct lyrics:
A WHOLE NEW WORLD
A DAZZLING PLACE I NEVER KNEW

C's version:
A WHOLE NEW WORLD
A JAZZING PLACE I NEVER KNEW

When we explained to her that it's "dazzling" not "Jazzing", she logically explained that "No, it's Jasmine singing so it's Jazzy". Can't beat that argument. Haven't even discussed the shivering part.

2 Comments:

At 6:17 AM, November 16, 2006, Blogger Sunshine said...

Yellow and Blue.....MICHIGAN??? No no no, NOTRE DAME BABY!!!

Shivering makes PERFECT sense to me, as Jasmine and Aladdin are discovering new love and when you feel in love for the first time like that, you shiver. Totally logical, she's got the lyrics down correctly I think.

 
At 10:32 AM, November 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. She's adorable. You have to love that independence. Channeling it is the challenge, eh? For me, 4 was a magical birthday. Its been much much easier now. We still get the occasional meltdown, but she actually has learned to eat if she's hungry and rest if she's tired. It goes a long way. Hang in there! You're almost there!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home