Monday, November 27, 2006

Post Holiday cold

Well, it was only a matter of time. C has been coughing for two days. In fact, we kept her home from school today. She woke up in the middle of the night feeling "yucky", we brought her to bed with us to get her to fall back asleep since she was tossing and turning in her bed. We all crashed. She finally fell asleep but then woke us up about 4AM with her kicking so back to her bed she goes and didn't wake up until 8:30A, which is when we're usually going downstairs to leave for school. Lots of coughing and sniffling later, you're staying home girlfriend. And yes, I'm feeling a little yucky myself. How fun for me.

Oh, just checked in at home and Miss C took a 2 hour nap today, and, are you sitting down?, all by herself!! She was playing upstairs and it was a little quiet so G went to check on her. She had just crawled into bed, under the covers (she usually sleeps on top) and had the pillow over her head to block out the light. G closed her blinds and by the time he walked back to her bed, she was asleep. My child hasn't taken a voluntary nap like that in I don't know how long so she must be under the weather. Hopefully, we won't be up playing at 10P tonight but I'm thinking probably not. (cross those fingers)

Thanksgiving weekend was pretty quiet. Had a nice yummy dinner at my parents house. G was able to get back from NY in time for dinner so that worked out. The rest of the weekend was mostly spent at home. With C not feeling well, there was no My Gym or going to see "Happy Feet". Went to a friend from her school's for dinner on Saturday which was very nice food and company. (C was feeling better Saturday than today before you think that I'm infecting all the kids in the neighborhood)

Now, I'm working all week and it's time for the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship Dog Show. I haven't worked on the dog show before but it should be fun. A lot of elements and it's going to be crazy but I'm looking forward to it. Hey, you can log in to animalplanet.com and vote for your favorite dogs as well in the Viewers Choice. The only downside to working this week is that G is going to NY tomorrow for a directing job. YAY on the directing gig! But I'll be in Long Beach for a few days so it's the first time we're leaving C with grandparents. If we're going to leave her for the first time, it should be for a good cause, oh like an overnight away. No such luck this time.

Sorry for the ramble. I've got pictures I've been meaning to post. Gotta scan a few so I'll do that later. Happy Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home