Monday, November 13, 2006

The Office

I don't usually blog about TV that I don't work on because frankly, don't we all watch too much TV as it is? It's bad enough that I work on some bad TV shows but who needs to go sit on the computer to go read about more TV. Anyway, I'm a HUGE fan of "The Office". I was hooked on the BBC version originally, was at first underwhelmed by the NBC version but was quickly hooked. Funny, clever beyond belief and so well written. I also love that half the characters on the show are writers as well. That cracks me up. Anyway, I watched last Thursdays episode where, long story short, Jim is coming back to the Scranton office next week. Obviously, he still doesn't know that Pam didn't marry Roy. It still hasn't been explained why he never responded to her text message two weeks ago. Yes, he was drunk but wouldn't he eventually have looked at his cell phone? Okay we know that Karen has a crush on Jim but we also know that Pam has his heart. What's gonna happen when they become co-workers again and Jim realizes that she's available? Will Pam put herself out there like Jim did to her? I know I'm a dork but I don't think I've looked forward to a TV episode since, oh I don't know, Luke coming back to Port Charles and realizing that Holly married Robert Scorpio. Yes, that was a LONG time ago back at in the Santa Rosa dorm at UCSB. And yes, I'm old but even Luke and Laura were just before my time. (had to clarify since we're celebrating the 25th anniversary of that watershed soap event)

Looking forward to Thursday where it's a "Supersize" episode. Tivo's are set for lots of extra time. Don't want to miss a fram.

2 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, November 14, 2006, Blogger Irete's Retreat said...

Huh???

 
At 7:37 AM, November 15, 2006, Blogger Sunshine said...

I'm going to go back and get all the Office I can on Netflix to catch the ones I've missed, I haven't been a regular watcher unfortunately.
However, I have already decided for Christmas hubby and I are going to get satellite instead of cable with Tivo in it. I'm missing too much because of bedtime around here!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home