Happy Thanksgiving!
Well, it's Thanksgiving Day. G is on a plane home from NY after working the Thanksgiving Day Parade. The pumpkin pies have been made. Need to make some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins for a party on Saturday but otherwise it's been a quiet lazy day so far. Looking forward to the food fest at my parents in a few hours.But it's also a time to be a bit reflective and take a moment to be thankful for the blessings we have in our lives. I'm not usually very sentimental that way but it seems appropriate today. I'm first and foremost thankful for my family. My wonderful DH and beautiful DD. Their undying love and support is unimaginable and I'm forever grateful to both of them. My parents, my sister, BIL and my beautiful niece. It's been a good happy with the addition of Ever in our lives. Still working on another addition next year. Believe it or not, I'm thankful for my cute dogs. Even when they become escape artists or bring mud into the house, I love kissing their noses and giving them hugs every day. I'm especially thankful for my great and varied group of friends. Sometimes I feel like I'm the third wheel or I have a lot of "good" friends but no best friends but then I realize that I'm lucky to have a lot of GREAT friends from all different aspects of my life. Scrapbooking, school, C's school, Australia, flute, work, hockey. Eclectic yet fabulous each and every one of you. It's hard for me to say who my "3 closest friends" are because I have a bunch of friends who are so dear to my heart from so many different areas of my life and you're all my closest friends in many different ways. I love you all.
I think today I'll also be thankful if C makes it through the day without pitching another hysterical fit. Yesterday's drama revolved around wearing pants (teacher's request) for the big Thanksgiving Feast. After an hour of "I don't want to go to school" and "I don't want to wear underwear", we went to school (yes, with proper undergarmets) and when I walked her on the play yard, one of her classmates Jacob came RUNNING up to C to give her a big, huge hug. It was so stinking cute. And the Thanksgiving feast was fabulous.
And finally, here's a little Thanksgiving ditty for your singing pleasure, courtesy of C's school Thanksgiving Feasts presentation.
(sung to the tune of "Frere Jacques")
Turkey dinner, turkey dinner
Gather 'round, gather 'round,
Who'll eat the drumstick?
Yummy yummy yumstick
Let's sit down, let's sit down
Cornbread muffins,
Chestnut stuffing,
Pumpkin pie,
One foot high
We were so much thinner
Before we came to dinner
Me oh my! Me oh My!
Yom Hodu Sameach! (Happy Turkey Day in Hebrew)





5 Comments:
Happy Thanksgiving my dear friend! Hope you had a lot of fun and lots and lots of wonderful new memories to cherish and to scrap! :)
I love you, too!! And yep, the Thanksgiving show was TDF...sooo cute. :-)
Lisa
Happy thanksgiving!!! I am so thankful for you too, my dear friend!!
Happy belated Turkey Day!
Julie, happy thanksgiving! and... I would very much like the pumpking chocolate chip cookie recipe! :-)
Irene
Post a Comment
<< Home