Final Hanukkah updates
Well, it's the night after Hanukkah. I haven't cleaned the wax from the SEVEN menorahs that we lit and thus nothing's been put away. I wasn't feeling well today, sore throat, cold coming on, so I slept for 3 hours in the afternoon. You know you're not 100% when you can take a 3 hour nap. BTW, sick or not sick, naps are a wonderful thing. That siesta thing in Europe and Latin countries, I'm all for it.So anyway. Night 5. Quiet night with just us before we headed off to a horrible hockey game. The highlight of this 5th night what this Princess mirror.
Talks to ya too. More things that make noise.Night 6, Wednesday. We had a class Hanukkah party at C's friend Charlotte's house. Three of her classmates bailed out because they were sick, I guess it's going around. But the rest of us had a lot of fun. Here's C, Garrett and his sisters playing air hockey.

All the kids eating dinner. C even ate two chicken nuggets!

And let us not forget that we're Jews. It's all about the food but I've never seen so much dessert for so few people in my whole life. Cupcakes, Apple Caramel Pie, I brought 3 DOZEN Hanukkah donuts, brownie cake with ice cream sundae bar. Holy cow. It was sugar overload to the Nth degree.

We came home that night and lit the candles with Uncle Gary
who was in town. He brought us all some awesome gifts. C got some fun hair bands,
and some Princess paper dolls.
I think there was something else that I can't remember at this moment. He got us a cool make your own sushi kit, golf stuff for G, and I got a really cool set of beautiful candles that smell fabulous. I love candles.On Thursday, we went to our friend Katrina's house. The girls always have a good time together. We've all known each other for almost 3 years now since the old Gymboree days. It's good to have friends. Anyway, they had their Christmas tree all up and decorated and since I know C doesn't see them too often, here's her official picture in front of the tree.
We exchanged gifts and C got a beautiful velour Cinderella dress, tights and a Princess tote bag. It's always good when Princesses are involved.We came home and lit our candles as well. C is loving lighting the candles with the Shamash.
We even have proof that Uncle Gary lit the candles, although we teased that he can't remember the last time he had done that. It's definitely been many years.
On this night, she got the collection of "If A Mouse Wants a Cookie" from Alan and Marie (the one that I bought will be put away for someone else),
a Dora tea set
and tonight's hit gift, a Viewmaster (remember those??) with some Princess cartridges. She loved that.
BTW, C serves up a mean tea party.

Night 8, the final night of Hanukkah. No, we didn't set the house on fire lighting up 63 candles but we probably could've roasted a few marshmallows. We started off lighting candles at Lisa's house.

C got a fabulous Princess bathrobe with her name on it (awesome!) and come Princess stencils. Great gifts Lisa! Thank you again. And we had the fish stick eating incident so it was a banner night. Here, finally is the proof.
We came home and lit the candles for one last time in 2006. 

A few of the present highlights were a big box of Polly Pockets, Princess lippies (yes more),
some magnetic dress up Princess dolls, Princess sticker book, a wind up little mouse from Alan and Marie (I think it's a cruel joke on me actually). Anyway, this year was a big success in terms of gifts collected. I'm sure there are a few other stragglers with gifts. It's a holiday that never seems to end and thank goodness it only comes once a year.
Thanks for indulging and muddling through all these photos. I'll try to keep the large, photo laden posts to a minimum for awhile.





2 Comments:
That last photo is FANTASTIC!
Lisa
Great photos and it looks like Carly had a fabulous Hanukkah.
Kari
Post a Comment
<< Home