Daytime drama
I need some good, warm fuzzy thoughts today. Do what you can. Greatly appreciated.Another note on the lack of sleep department. I'm in the middle of a project where I'm transferring all my old shows that I have on VHS to DVD. There will be another post in the near future to discuss all the bad television that I've worked on over the years, but I digress. So far, the earliest tapes of shows I've found is from 1986. Yes, what's more amazing is that the tape still played. Anyway, so I do have some long shows that I put in the machine overnight to dub. Last night, around midnight, I popped in "The Big Help" from 1996. This was an 8 hour "telethon" that aired on Nickelodeon to encourage kids to do community service hours and "help". So I go downstairs this morning, figuring I'll finalize the DVD and pop in the next done to dub while I'm at work. The show is still recording. Yes folks, I went to bed around 1AM and was downstairs before 8AM. I slept less than the show was on the air. Sad.
Speaking of shows, as I've mentioned previously, I've been working on "Dr. Phil" this week. Sometimes intriguing but generally, high calibar trash IMO. But it's a paycheck and the people are terrific. (at least the post department. I have no contact with anyone else) There was some excitement here on Wednesday though. Apparently, they were taping a follow up show where the husband was possessive and literally stalking his wife. The show initially intervened and got him into some facility to get him some help. So this was the follow up show to see how the husband was doing. They kept the husband and wife separated and they were never on the stage at the same time. The husband apparently said to Dr. Phil something like "His greatest wish is that he and his wife walk off the show hand in hand like him and Robin". Creepy. The show is over, they put him back in the limo to take him back to the hotel, or the airport or wherever. They get a few blocks away and he bolts from the limo and hops into a taxi! There's a camera crew still in the limo, they whip the car around and follow the taxi. He hops out of that taxi and then into another one and then they lose the second taxi. The crew comes back to the studio, one of the taxi's wants the show to pay him the $60, and the guy is still MIA. I heard yesterday that he called the wife on her cell. She was trying to talk him into going back to rehab, she'd meet him there (apparently all he wants is to meet with her), etc. He had no money or credit card since that's all turned in when you enter rehab, he's pissed because he was at the show under false pretenses, so he tells the wife that he sold his wedding ring and bought a plane ticket to go home. Not sure how he'd get on a plane without ID and paying for a last minute ticket with cash, should, theoretically, send up a flag in this day and age with the airlines. Don't know how it's all been resolved (if it even has been at this point) but it's pretty funny. Scary people will do anything to get on TV. White trash comes to mind but I don't know who the people are (haven't seen them or the first show) so I can't completely jump on that bandwagon. All I know is that we didn't have that kind of drama on "The Other Half". Had to share.
Labels: Dr. Phil, Nickelodeon, The Big Help





6 Comments:
Wow....you'll have to let us know when that one is due to air, he sounds SUPER! ewww
Warm thoughts, warm thoughts, warm thoughts....
Ever and her Mom sending drools and hugs...
Oh, and by the way, I think that Kids Choice was the first show I timed, wasn't it? And I realized much later that I was timing all wrong! hahaha! Thank goodness Wendy never caught on that I didn't know what the heck I was doing!!
Oops! you were talking about The Big Help and I went off into outer space and was talking about Kids Choice. So, JUST KIDDING!!
speaking of Big Help: "share, clean, fix, visit, care, give, do" or something like that. sounds like the DP drama was a perfect way to spend the day at work, huh?! almost as much fun as the live intervention I had to be a part of for an un-aired pilot -- all for the paycheck my friend... all for the paycheck. sending you a big hug.
xoxo
m
Post a Comment
<< Home