Friday, March 09, 2007

Quiet week

After my "big" 200th post, I've run out of things to say. Okay, not really but it has been a quiet week. I spent most of the week enjoying some relaxation. I've been able to catch up on some TV on the Tivo. I finally watched "The Queen" which was fantastic. Still need to watch "Little Miss Sunshine" which hopefully I'll get to this weekend. Generally, I did as little as possible.

Wednesday was also my birthday was turned out to be nice for a change. I had lots of visitors. Elizabeth and Debby (moms from school) surprised me with a breakfast of bagels & cream cheese and assorted donuts. Plus balloons and Elizabeth gave me a dozen roses that have opened up absolutely perfectly. My friend Wendy sent me another dozen white and red roses which are also gorgeous. My sister, Lisa and Kari came over for lunch. Had a nice yummy tuna sushi salad and of course, great conversation. G sent me another bouquet of beautiful flowers and a dozen chocolate covered strawberries. Oh my! It doesn't get better than that. YUM! My MIL also brought me some stunning fushia flowers. I've never seen color like these and they're so pretty. My bedroom smells like a flower shop. It's fabulous. Lots of wonderful phone calls, people singing to me and emails. G even got out of work early so he was able to bring in dinner which is a little better than the whatever is in the freezer that I was originally planning. Hey, C also wrote on a paper towel the word "Happy". She wrote it all by herself. Very impressive and definitely something I'll treasure. So I had a terrific birthday which I don't always get to say. I know I'm very blessed to have such wonderful, special friends in my life and who took the time to make me feel special. I love you all more than you know.

After a few days of laying low, the craziness started up again. Had my flute concert last night. We played pretty well shockingly. We were a little shaky even with the rehearsal just prior. Still, we pulled it off which shocked most of us I think. There was one piece we had never really played all the way through without stopping so we got through that. I had a solo during one of our pieces and played the melody on "Danny Boy". After our conductor explaining how she was going to count it off, how come I'm the only one who understood what she was talking about?? It's not the first time we rehearsed the song and the other two people (on other parts) didn't come in at the beginning. Oy. No one but us knew the difference but still, at the end, Patty looked over to me and mouthed "Thanks". Now, I'll finally have time to go get my flutes adjusted. Maybe I'll get able to get some of the low notes. (I know, boring flute tech talk)

C and I went to see a fun little theater version of Cinderella at the Santa Monica Playhouse. It was a quick show, a little over an hour (including an intermission) and it was really cute. C watched intently the whole time and I think understood the whole thing. There were some good adult jokes and good singing. It was very fun. For all my years living in LA and Santa Monica, I had never been there before. It's a terrific little theater that does tons of theater for kids. I'll definitely be going back.

Okay, that's the update of the past few days. Boring, I know. Please accept my apologies. Just needed to post something that wasn't a list.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:45 AM, March 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you had a great birthday! I made you a card...and even posted a birthday shout-out a few days before your birthday...and then I "spaced" it about coming in here to actually say "happy b-day" on the actual day! Sooo sorry! What was I thinking?!!! Hopefully you'll get your card in the mail soon! :)

 
At 2:01 PM, March 13, 2007, Blogger jeans said...

Happy Birthday Juls! I'm glad you had a good one. Didn't realize it was your birthday otherwise I would have said it sooner!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home