Monday, March 05, 2007

Number 200

This is a momentous occasion. Trumpets are blaring. Fireworks are a-popping. Welcome to my 200th post. I couldn’t think of a list of 200 anythings so I’m following in the blogsteps of Sonia and just adding another 100 random thoughts to add to my first 100 post. Pardon the rambling and apologies if any of these things are repeats to other information that you already know about me. So sit back, relax, pull up a chair, make sure you have your favorite beverage handy and you’ll get your read for the day.

1 - I broke my leg when I was 2 years old by tripping on a carpet.
2 - I don’t think I could go an entire day without checking my email, the Foxy message board, woot.com and the blogs of my dear friends Lisa, Sonia and Wendy.
3 - My after school job in high school was working at an accounting firm. My junior year I assisted one of the busiest bookkeepers, helped file and occasionally typed up checks (olden days with typewriters). My senior year I was a runner for the firm making deliveries and doing the bank deposits for many of the clients. I was making over minimum wage, no weekends so it was a great job.
4 - I delivered items to Marlon Brando’s house a few times for the above mentioned accounting firm.
5 - I went to my first LA Kings hockey game when I was 9 years old. The Kings beat the Boston Bruins that night and the rest is history.
6 - I played piano from 1st grade through 9th grade. Started playing the flute when I was 10 and still play.
7 - I loved going to summer camp. It’s still the fondest memories from my childhood but my first session at sleepaway camp, I was that kid that cried each night because I was homesick. I was 12 years old. My sister who was 9 was perfectly fine. I got over it about halfway through.
8 - I ended up going to that camp for 10 years and went through the CILT (camper in leadership training) program, and on to counselor. I spare you the singing of camp tunes at this time.
9 - I went to UCSB as a Speech and Hearing major (what?) and wanted to be an audiologist working with deaf kids. My brain is not scientifically minded and I did poorly in the lower division science classes so I bailed out of the major to my “backup” career in TV production. What was I thinking?
10 - My first TV credit was on a “Bloopers & Practical Jokes” special in 1985.
11 - My next show, I went to Australia for a month for “The Most Beautiful Girl in the World” pageant. I turned 21 on that trip and met two of my best friends who live in Sydney.
12 - If I could move anywhere, I’d move to Sydney. It’s an amazing city.
13 - I want to go to Greece. Badly.
14 - I was the lead in two of my camp musicals. I played Guenevere in “Camelot” and Golde in “Fiddler on the Roof”.
15 - Yes, I can sing.
16 - I’m 2 years and 10 months older than my sister. We grew up fighting like most siblings. I think we’re pretty close today.
17 - My oldest friend is Mel and I’ve known him since I was 6 years old.
18 - I had my Bat Mitzvah a few days before I turned 14. I decided late that I wanted to be Bat Mitzvah’d. I think I just wanted the party. (sorry M&D)
19 - I took the SAT 4 times a never broke 1000 points.
20 - My best individual test score was on the Spanish achievement where I was a straight C student and can’t speak a word. So much for standardized testing.
21 - I like beer. There was a place at UCSB called Spikes (it still might be there) that had this “around the world” thing where you drink 40 beers from around the world (not in one sitting). I completed it three times. I still have the t-shirts to prove it.
22 - I was engaged once before but came to my senses and after lots of therapy, we broke up. I think he’s still bitter but I hope he’s moved on.
23 - Billy Joel is God.
24 - Garth Brooks is a close second.
25 - I’ve really been into Reeses Pieces lately.
26 - I think the most obscure/exotic places I’ve ever been is Namibia and then Cyprus. Just places you don’t normally “go” to when traveling. Both were for the Miss Universe Pageant.
27 - Noumea is also pretty obscure. I went to a Club Med there in 2000 with my Aussie girlfriends.
28 - Spelling does count.
29 - I’m lucky to have a fantastic husband. We’ve never gotten into a real fight. We’re lucky that we communicate really well and have similar taste to make decisions easily.
30 - My daughter is named after four of our grandparents. Three began with the letter C (Celia, Charles and Clara) and her middle name is a variation of G’s grandmother Vivian.
31 - I was named after Catwoman Julie Newmar. I was supposed to be a Joann or a Joanna but I guess I didn’t come out looking like those names. My uncle was working with Julie Newmar at the time and suggested it.
32 - I would’ve been Jonathan if I was a boy.
33 - I’ve been a member of the Directors Guild of America since 1992.
34 - My two favorite TV shows right now are “Grey’s Anatomy” and “The Office”.
35 - I’m also a reality junkie and love “Survivor” and “The Amazing Race”
36 - I started scrapbooking 3 1/2 years ago. I was obsessed from the moment I took my first class. Thanks Yvonne!
37 - My first car was a blue Mercury Capri
38 - I got my driver’s license on my 16th birthday.
39 - I’ve worked on the MDA Jerry Lewis Telethon every Labor Day since 1990.
40 - I’m a night owl.
41 - I hate early mornings.
42 - I love the rain.
43 - I learned to ski right before I turned 30.
44 - I loved being pregnant. I felt special.
45 - The oldest guy I ever dated was 13 years older than me and the youngest was 5 years younger.
46 - The toughest shows I ever worked on were the 1990 MDA Telethon (too many changes) and a show called “Concert of the Americas” in 1995 (averaged 3 hours a night of sleep for a few weeks)
47 - Couldn’t tell you the show I’m most proud of but there are a few cool shows on the resume.
48 - It was way cool to work on the Oscars in 1991 and meet all the presenters as they came in to rehearse. I was in a room with the likes of Gregory Peck, Sophia Loren and Barbra Streisand.
49 - I can time a show to get off the air exactly but I can’t exactly balance my checkbook.
50 - I think Mark Feuerstein (my heart skipped the first time I saw him on “Ally McBeal”), and Jimmy Smits are seriously dreamy. Esai Morales when he was on “NYPD Blue” was pretty darn cute too. (and yes G knows about this)
51 - I’m currently reading “Wicked”. It’s a dense story so it’s taking me a long time.
52 - Ginger Ale and Root Beer are my sodas of choice.
53 - Bloody Mary, Mojito and beer are my favorite alcoholic drinks.
54 - I love pizza.
55 - I don’t think I have one favorite color.
56 - I love my Dansko clogs. I have 9 pairs of them.
57 - I use a backpack purse instead of an over the shoulder one. I like my hands free.
58 - I like writing with Flair felt tip pens.
59 - I use a Mac.
60 - I have naturally curly hair.
61 - I wish I were 2 inches taller. I’m 5’3”.
62 - I don’t like horror films.
63 - “The Twilight Zone” scared me as a kid.
64 - I have a stuffed (animal) clown that I’ve had since I was 5. I’ll still sleep with it when G is out of town.
65 - I *love* my XM radio.
66 - I’m very anal and organized at work. Not so much at home.
67 - I’m not athletic in any way but I would like to learn to play golf and tennis one day.
68 - I like the Winter Olympics better than the Summer Games. I’d like to be a speed skater in my next life.
69 - The first album I ever bought was Queen “A Night At The Opera”. Yes, it was an LP. Still have it.
70 - Both ears double pierced. I wear diamond studs in each hole.
71 - I think everyone should own a convertible once in their lives. Mine was a Mustang which I owned until it was time for the family car, my first 4-door car.
72 - I love blueberry pie, preferably with vanilla ice cream.
73 - I’m a gadget girl. I like fun electronic toys and I know how to use them. I really want to get an Apple Iphone because I need to update my Palm Pilot. I love my 3 ipods, I’m dubbing my VHS tapes to DVD, and generally, I’m in control of the remote.
74 - I used to collect hockey cards. I still have them in my garage. A lot are in binders and I still have a shoebox or two with more.
75 - I also used to collect Beanie Babies. No idea what I’ll do with all of them, also piled in my garage.
76 - Now I collect scrapbook supplies.
77 - I love watching fireworks. Disneyland and the Hollywood Bowl do the best IMO,
78 - I hate having headaches and I get them all the time. I’m a headache/migraine girl and they’re just simply annoying.
79 - Chocolate covered frozen bananas are God’s gift to desserts. Crème Brulee is pretty high up on the list as well.
80 - I’ve had 5 dogs in my life. Frosty from when I was 6 until 17. Shayna until 1995. My parents have Xuxa (which is an extended dog for me) and Tazzie and Keely. I’m allergic to cats.
81 - I used to love the soap opera “Another World”. I was very sad when it went off the air about 10 years ago. I still watch “The Young & The Restless” whenever I watch TV during the day.
82 - I love foot massages.
83 - The first thing I notice on a person is their smile. Some people notice eyes, I’m a smile person. I guess that’s what I get for all those years with braces.
84 - I still sleep with my retainers.
85 - I had 5 wisdom teeth.
86 - While I don’t think I could pick just one favorite movie, here are a few that are in my Top 10 - “Cinema Paradiso”, “The Parent Trap” (either version), “Slap Shot”, “Singin’ In The Rain” and “Star Wars”.
87 - I always have nail polish on my toes and it’s usually a bright color. Currently, dark pink with flowers.
88 - I just got some new photos of my “nieces” in Sydney and it makes me realize how much I miss them. It’s been 5 years since I’ve seen any of them. Thank goodness I’ll see their mom in a few weeks.
89 - I still miss “Sex and the City”. That was my favorite show and yes I have the entire series on DVD.
90 - Pedro Almodovar is my favorite director. I never miss any his films.
91 - I’d like to get a scrapbook layout published in one of the magazines. I’ve had two LO’s published in books which I'm quite proud of.
92 - I’m determined to learn how to use my fantastic Nikon Digital SLR camera.
93 - I don’t drink enough water.
94 - I always have to sleep under the covers. Even when I take a nap in the summer, I’ll have a blanket on me.
95 - At our wedding, when we were “introduced” at the reception, G & I made our grand entrance wearing LA Kings and Chicago Blackhawks hockey jerseys.
96 - I wear YSL Paris perfume.
97 - C said to me the other day that she’s going to learn to play 5 instruments. Piano, flute, clarinet, drums and violin. But she knows she has to learn to play the piano first.
98 - I don’t like tuna fish, carrots or coconut. I only recently got eggs off the list but I can only tolerate them hard boiled or scrambled with enough salsa to drown the taste.
99 - I prefer Letterman to Leno. Leno is a terrible interviewer. He never listens to what the guest is actually saying. He just goes to the next question on his card. It’s annoying.
100 - I’m fascinated by the Apollo missions to the moon and I’d love to learn more about astronomy. One day.

That’s it. Hope your eyes aren’t popping out of your head. Hope this was mildly entertaining. Hope you learned a little bit more about me. Or not.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, March 06, 2007, Blogger Irene Palma said...

Wow, 200! Congratulations! And, I love your lists!

 
At 10:57 AM, March 07, 2007, Blogger Missy said...

What a great list....and a perfect diversion from work for me. I think I'm going to steal the idea for my blog.

 
At 3:10 PM, March 07, 2007, Blogger Irete's Retreat said...

I've got one.
101. When we were kids, before seat belts were mandatory, we used to sit with our elbows perched on the two front seats and our feet on the back panel behind the seat, so our bodies were floating above and across the back seat. When you were about... what, (I can't remember what age) 9 or 10 maybe? Your foot went through the plastic and made a big hole. Laughing as I write this, for some reason, that has made me laugh my whole life.

 
At 9:39 PM, March 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the 200th post...loved learning some more interesting things about you, my friend!!!
huggzzz, Kari

 
At 3:41 AM, March 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the list! Very clever and creative...congrats on the 200th post! Thanks for sharing! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home