Sunday, March 25, 2007

Post Pageant

Well, the lovely Miss Tennessee is the new Miss USA 2007. It was kind of a no brainer. Once we saw the swimsuit scores and she's the only one who scored above a 9, we pretty much should've rolled credits and gone home. My girl from Rhode Island was first runner up. I made it as far as I could in the pool. Oh well. As expected, Nevada made it to the Top 5, then she had the unfortunate task of having to speak. I'm doing a show in June called "Guy's Choice Awards" for Spike TV (oh, don't get me started but you KNOW there will be good stories from this one) and I fully expect to see the delegates from Nevada and Missouri dancing with a pole. Enough of the crown and sash. I defended my title and that's all that matters.

I went to an all day crop yesterday hosted by my dear friend Ginger. She throws the best crops. 13 hours of scrapping and I completed 9 pages that I'm very happy with. The last time I scrapped in February, I felt really boxed in. I was using some idea and sketches books and I really felt like it was closing me in on my creativity (as if it's all that bang up to begin with). Well, yesterday, I left the sketch books at home and came up with the ideas all by my little brain self. And I'm really pleased with all my LO's. I'll scan tomorrow and post. I even won one of Ginger's contests which I've never won before. The theme was stamping and I won 2nd place which was very exciting. I won an 8x8" album (can never have enough of them) and one of those awesome KI Memories embellishment kits with papers, stickers, chipboard, etc. KI is one of my very favorite product lines so that was way cool. I had a great day sharing a table with Wendy, Melissa and another girl Carla. And of course, seeing a bunch of my other Foxy friends. It was a terrific day. I got my mojo back which I wasn't sure I'd have any with the lack of sleep of the past week.

Today, Toni had a photo shoot for us Foxy girls. The last one I participated in was about 2 1/2 years ago and you can see the results with my blog photo on top. Terrific photos but it was time for an update. We went to the park at Sepulveda dam where the cherry blossoms are blooming. I got one sample photo which I'll post later as well. It looks terrific and I hope the others come out just as well. Toni's a terrific photographer so I'm sure they will. Lisa and I drove together. She brought two of her girls and C came withe me. Took another 150 pictures of all the girls and got some really cute ones. Lisa has one fabulous one of C that I'll have to get and post. Until I really learn how to use my camera, I figure I've got a great camera so if I shoot enough shots, I'm bound to stumble onto a few good ones eventually, right?

And C and I did a fun thing today in the afternoon. C got her first manicure and pedicure. I desperately needed to get my nails done and when I have time, I still go to my old place in Burbank. I've been going there for over 10 years and they knew me all through my pregnancy (and previous engagement, this wedding etc). Anyway, I don't think they'd seen C since she was a baby since, for obvious reasons, it's not that conducive to take a toddler to a nail place. So we went today. C was so cute. She picked out her nail polish colors all by herself. She picked blue, of course, for her toes and silver for her fingers. When the girls were working on me, Bing told her to come with her and took her to another station two chairs down. C sat perfectly still while Bing polished her toes. When Bing realized that the blue glittery polish that C picked was a little too sheer, she came back and picked out a nice bright turquoise and put that one first. C sat the whole time, chatted with Bing but was perfectly behaved. She was so pleased with her pretty fingers and toes. I can't wait to do that LO on her first mani/pedi.

It's been a good weekend. I'm tired so I'm going to crawl into bed and catch up on some of my reality shows. Get back into life. Woo-Hoo!
(stay tuned for pictures tomorrow)

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home